Wednesday, January 5, 2011
My little fashionista
Abby is in a stage where she just has to wear dresses (skirts, if no dress is available) and most jeans just hurt too much (apparently, I forgot to cut out one of those security tags that are sewn into Old Navy clothing, and after SEVERAL months, she finds this tag just hurts too much. Even though I have since removed the offending tag) so she prefers sweat pants or leggings. She only has a few dresses that I will let her wear outside of church. I also make her wear pants under her dresses because it's to cold to go bare legged, and I don't want the hassle of tights because I know those suckers will never make it off in time in a potty emergency. So, every morning we go through the options, and every morning I'm totally stunned at the bizarre outfits that she puts together. If I know that we are going to be most likely spending the day at home, I don't put up much of a fuss as to what crazy combination's she comes up with. But if we have any sort of errand to run, I'll try to steer her in a less embarrassing direction. If, however, we can't seem to come to an agreement on an appropriate outfit, there is most definitely going to be a nice, dramatic tantrum (by her, not me). Depending on my mood and level of patience, I'll decide whether the battle is worth it. But, no matter the outfit, as long as it was clothes she picked out, she is always happy and proudly wears it where ever we go. There are some days, though, that I wish there was a sign I could stick on her back that said "She put this outfit together. Please do not think I created this ensemble."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so cute & funny. we have had several days where I feel the same
HaHa! So cute!
Post a Comment