Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Goals

1.  The main reason I started to blog was for an easy way I could journal.  Lately I've been thinking about family history.  My Grandma on my Mom's side has done tons of family history and my Dad spends all his free time doing family history on his side.  I'm feeling that there probably isn't much I could do with geneology.  BUT, journaling is an important way of doing family history, too.  It got me wondering if there were things that my future generations would like to know that I should also be including in my journal/blog (ex.  recipes, books, random thoughts, testimony, hobbies)  My plan is to record more things other than major events and activities.  So, to the 3 or 4 people that actually read my blog, I hope you don't mind all the random posts I'll be putting up from now on :)

2.  Since I'm pregnant and all, I won't be including the typical "lose weight" goal that so many of us do every year.  However, I do want to try to get more fruits and vegetables in every day.  Did you know that it is recommended to eat 7-9 servings of fruits and veggies EVERYDAY?  Have you ever tried it?  It's actually kind of hard, at least for me.  I also really need to cut back on my sugar and soda intake.  This is a reoccurring goal for me, and so far, very little success.  But, if I'm eating fruits and veggies all day long, maybe I won't be hungry for candy...haha, yeah right.  I can always make room for some chocolate.  So, eat 7-9 servings of fruits and veggies, not 7-9 servings of candy, chocolate and soda.  That's my goal.

3.  Budget.  In our house, I'm the one in charge of paying all the bills and making sure we don't go into the red.  I'll be honest.  I hate doing it.  It's so depressing.  I mean, some times I REALLY want to budget in for some new clothes, or a haircut and highlights, but I don't think Cameron would be very happy if I put those in the budget and not groceries.  Since I hate doing it, I procrastinate doing it, and then I'm way behind and it's an even bigger mess.  My goal this year, is to make budgeting more of priority, and get more serious with it.

Those are my goals for the new year.  I asked Cam if he had any goals for 2011, and he didn't.  The girls don't really either. So, it's just me trying to improve myself this year :)

3 comments:

Becky R. said...

I loved this post. And I look forward to whatever you write on your blog--it will be fun to read! I want to write about my goals on my blog too--thanks for a great idea.

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SWEET COMMENT!! I could not agree more with you! I am so glad you commented so I could find your blog!! Your little family is GORGEOUS!!! Congrats on the new baby on the way. Great goal of more fruits and veggies and I NEED to budget ha!! I am guessing you are mormon with the whole temple marriage thing and that makes me really happy!! Thanks again for the comment it meant a lot to me!

Cindy Ricks said...

I love your goals! They are really good ones. My goal this year-for the first time in my life is to gain like fifteen to twenty pounds:) haha just love this being pregnant.

By the way, where are your pictures of your baby bump? I am definitely showing. I will have to post some so you can see. Don't you find out what you're having soon? I find out next Tuesday...and I can't wait!