I was looking back over the last several posts, and realized that Lexi hasn't been the "star" of one of my posts since her birthday, a month ago. How is that possible? She is such a star here at home :)
She is still mostly crawling, but just today, she walked all the way across the room by herself. I'm pretty sure she'll be off and running before too long.
She hasn't really started saying any words. But she is trying to form the words "uh-oh" and "hello".
I'm not sure if she understands "NO" yet. She sure acts like she has no clue what it's meaning is. Example: everyday during bath time, she tries to stand up in the tub repeatedly. And every time, I say 'Lexi, NO! Sit down.' This literally has been going on since she learned to pull herself to stand a month or two ago. Yet, it still hasn't sunk in. She is one persistent little bugger. I've tried looking her right in the eye, with my most serious face, and in a stern voice saying, "NO". Her response is almost always, a big smile. It's like we are going backwards, the harder I try to get her to understand, the more fun she has pushing my buttons. My only hope is that she truly doesn't understand the meaning, because if she is already defying me so openly, we might be in for some serious trouble.
She keeps me on my toes, all day, everyday, getting into everything and causing problems with Abby. Pretty much, she's just a typical one year old, exploring and looking for new discoveries. Luckily, she is so cute, very loving, and quick to smile. It's near impossible to be upset with this little bug.
2 comments:
I understand--I'm going through the same thing with Drew. Just in the last few weeks he's starting to understand. I totally relate to the bathtub thing--I keep trying to teach Drew not to and it's tough! Ask me about it sometime--got a story for you.
LEXI is the cutest thing ever!!!! I still don't understand no ha!!!! Seriously, you have the most precious little fam! Have a great day gorgeous!
Post a Comment