Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankgiving Day

Well, Abby must have known it was a holiday because she started the day at 6am.  She came running into my room, and jumped on my bed.  We layed around for a while, and once Cameron got home from work around 8am we officially started the day.  Cameron's family was coming to our house for dinner, and we were supposed to provide the pies and rolls.  I lucked out this year, because Cam offered to make the pies.  He had a apple pie recipe he wanted to make and share with everyone.  All I had to do was put the Rhodes rolls out to thaw and rise.  SO EASY!  But I did have some last minute cleaning to get done.  Thankfully, we got all this done, and I even had some time to relax for a few minutes (which was dearly needed because of the early morning rise). 

Once everyone arrived, us girls pretty much stayed in the kitchen trying to get all the food going and stuff, and the boys, well, I don't know what the boys were doing, probably fighting or playing video games (the usual).  Dinner was so good, you can't really beat a full spread of Thanksgiving favorites!  We then played some games and just visited.  It was a nice day spent with family.

No comments: