We did a lot of the decorating while Abby was napping, but saved putting the ornaments on the tree so she could help. (This is the face Abby makes when you tell her to say "cheese", it's cute, but not really close to a smile.)
We also decided it was a good day to go to temple square and see all the lights. We are going to have to squeeze in as many activities as we can before the baby arrives, so we are starting early. Abby loves to look at pictures of the temples, so we knew she would really get excited to see one up close. On the way up to temple square we stopped at the IN-N-OUT in Draper that just opened. Cameron grew up in California, so since he's been living here, he's dearly missed the beloved restaurant. It was packed inside, so we took our food and ate in the car.
Living with a 2 year old, it becomes quite obvious the phrases that are spoken often in the home, because she picks up on them quick. When we got off the freeway in downtown, Abby kept saying "almost there" even though she really had no idea if we were or not. I guess we tell her that all the time : ) I still feel like we are unprepared for the cold, we tried to bundle up, but I found that some of the essentials are still missing, hats and gloves, and right now, I don't have a coat that fits. You'd think we'd never experienced a Utah winter before.
The lights are always so pretty around the temple. Of course we had to make stops inside all the buildings. It's a great chance to get warm for a minute, and we also get to act like a tourist and take pictures of everything.
Inside the tabernacle.
In front of the temple (it's getting pretty difficult for me to hold Abby). We all had a great time. It's so fun to share these fun holiday traditions with Abby.
2 comments:
Abby looks adorable! How is your blog book coming? I am dreading starting mine!
How did Abby do with the lights? Did she run around a lot? I wonder how Jack would do.
Post a Comment