Monday, November 16, 2009

Singing All Day Long

Abby has become quite the performer.  She loves to sing songs, and when possible, she'll dance too.  I am so suprised at how quickly she can learn a song.  Her memory is amazing, she must get that from Cameron, because she certainly didn't get it from me.  It's so cute, because she isn't shy about singing and will sing anytime, anywhere.  Some of her favorite songs to sing are:
  • ABC's
  • I Had a Baby Turtle
  • The Kids in the Pool (the swimming version of "The Kids on the Bus")
  • Popcorn Popping
  • 3 Little Monkeys
  • Ring Around the Rosey
  • and many more from Seseme Street
We've learned that sometimes when a tantrum strikes, or boredom in the car gets to be too much, breaking into a song is a good distraction.  Abby has a real love for learning, and I've found that she really picks up on a topic or idea quickly if it's put to song.  I love this age that she is at, it seems like her little brain is a sponge and is just soaking up all sorts of knowledge.  I have started to teach her some Christmas songs, so hopefully, she will be ready to entertain us during the holiday season!

No comments: