Friday, November 27, 2009

A year of Thanks

This year has been a great year, so many wonderful things that we are thankful for.
  1. Of course, having another little girl is a huge blessing in our lives.  We are also thankful for a easy, healthy pregnancy.
  2. Family.  This year, especially, I am greatful for the support of both my family and Cam's family.  They have both been there for us when we need.  I have realized this year the importance of family, and that it truly is #1.
  3. My hubby Cameron.  He works SO hard, and sacrifices so much so that we have all the things that we need.  Watching him go to work without complaint everyday, has really taught me to take my "job" as a mom and homemaker seriously, and follow his example and do the best that I can everyday.  I try not to complain, but I haven't mastered that nearly as well as Cameron.  He also is a great father, and LOVES playing with Abby.  Cam is so supportive when it comes to me being pregnant.  I believe that since men don't have to physically endure being pregnant, it's their job to listen to all the complaints and be a shoulder to cry on when things (hormones) are too much.  I'm sure he's tired of hearing my hourly updates on whats hurting, but he at least pretends to care (which is all I ask, really) and seems sympathetic.  He is my true love, and I can't believe how lucky I am that I get to spend eternity with him.
  4. Abby.  Although taking care of a 2 year old has it's challenges, there are so many more blessings that makes it SO very worth it.  She brings laughter and energy into our home everyday.  I love watching her learn and grow.  When I look back, even only a couple of months,  it seems like she is growing so fast.  I don't want to even blink because I'm afraid I'll miss something.  I love her so much!
  5. Our home.  As we have all watched the economy go down and down, I can't help but be greatful for our house, which we have truly made our home.  Even though it's not "the perfect house", it has everything we need and more.
  6. Cam's job.  He loves his job so much, and that means more to us than huge paychecks.  Like the saying goes "if you choose a job you love, you'll never work a day in your life".  This year especially, I'm greatful for his job because we really feel he has a lot of job security, and there is a lot of comfort in that right now.
I'm sure their is more that I should be adding to the list, but these are the blessings we enjoy everyday, so they are on our minds all the time.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I like the list! I need to complain less at my mom-job, because I am pretty thankful to be one. Thanks for the good reminder of how many blessings we have.