Monday, November 16, 2009

Just the Two of Us

Cam's parents offered to take Abby for a weekend before the baby comes, in order to give us some time together before, once again, our life changes completely. This last weekend, Cameron just happened to have off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I don't know how that happened, but we jumped on the chance and asked Dan and Alex if they could watch Abby this weekend. So, on Friday morning, they came and picked her up, and of course she was super excited!  She just love spending time with pretty much anybody other than boring ol' Mom and Dad. Once they left, we spent the day running errands. One of which was to take "Rocko the dog" (the title Abby gave him) to the shelter. We decided that he was way more trouble than he was worth. We have come to realize his many bad habits, tearing up the lawn, barking, and worst of all, he is very territorial which makes me extremely nervous. So the other day we were outback and realized he'd destroyed a good 20 sq feet of our lawn, Cam had had enough and made the final decision to get rid of him.  So we said our good-byes and took him to his temporary home.  We feel confident that he will get adopted from the shelter because he is still young and he is healthy.

On Saturday, we painted the baby's room. I had totally intended to paint it a pale yellow, but when we got to the paint store, we both agreed that the raspberry pink was much better (surprisingly, even Cam liked this color better). So we put on some grubby clothes and got to work. It was nice to work together on a project, and we were both quite pleased with the outcome.

I still need to put the finishing touches on the room, but all in all, it's ready and waiting for her arrival.

Cam was able to pick up a shift for work, so he went to work overnight. We both enjoy when the opportunity comes for him to work overnight, because you can't beat getting paid to sleep (of course, that's only if they don't get any calls)! I just stayed home and relaxed.

Sunday, was just a day of more relaxation, until Abby returned home in the afternoon. When she got home, she wasn't fully awake because she'd been sleeping in the car, but I think she was glad to see us again.  But it didn't take very long before  it became quite obvious that she was worn out from the weekend. A massive tantrum and crying fit are always clear signs of a tired little girl.

I am so grateful to Dan and Alex for offering to watch her for us, it seems like our life revolves around Abby right now, so it's nice for the opportunity to get some time to ourselves. But I do have to say, I missed her dearly!

No comments: