Last week, I had a small freak-out. I felt like we were SO not ready for this baby to come (only 6 more weeks). So, we took the plunge and moved Abby into a twin bed. We went shopping, and let Abby pick out some sheets and blankets (with some guidance from Cam and I). This bedding is just temporary because the bedding that I really want matches her room but its kind of expensive. We also got some guard rails, which took us about 2 hours too long to put together because it didn't have the instructions, so we were totally guessing. And we guessed wrong several times before we got it together.
But once everything was together, Abby was really excited to spend her first night in her "big girl bed". So far, so good. She goes to sleep with no problems, and still waits in bed for me to come and get her!
I also cleaned out the babies room that had collected tons of junk, and have started the process of turning the room into a nursery. I've picked out the "theme" for the room,
but I still want to paint and find some wall decorations. I think if everything goes according to plan, we might just be ready for our little baby when the time comes.
P.S. In case it isn't already obvious, I am a huge planner and organizer, so, yes, I have planned pretty much everything for the arrival of our little girl.
1 comment:
I LOVE that you are a planner! Me too! I LOVE Abby's room! So cute! She looks so big on her big bed!!
Post a Comment