Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Colton, 1 week old

The last couple of days at the hospital were kind of boring for me, but Colton had a lot going on.  After he finished up his antibiotics, and he was eating good, they moved him to the well baby nursery on Wednesday afternoon.  He was able to spend the afternoon and evening with us in my room, but I sent him to the nursery for the night, so we could get a little bit of sleep.  During the night, they took his blood to test his bilirubin levels, and they had gone up too high, so they put him under the lights.  I was having flashbacks from when Lexi was under the lights for nearly two weeks at home.  So, instead of going home on Thursday I decided to stay another day so Colton could stay in the hospital under the lights.  Thankfully, by Friday morning his levels had dropped a ton and we were able to go home with no need for more treatment.  I was really missing the girls by the last couple of days, but it was well worth the extra day in the hospital so we didn't have to do any lights at home.

Wednesday afternoon at the hospital

The nurses that took care of Colton in the Level 2 nursery were AMAZING.  I'm so grateful that he was being taken care of by such awesome people.  They made tons of little cards and gave us all the little tiny stuff they used while taking care of him.


These are the leads that he had on him to monitor all his stats



Blood pressure cuff

We got this card in the mail yesterday

Such sweet people!
Once we got home, it was the first time the girls were able to really see Colton.  Lexi wasn't allowed in the nursery to see Colton, and Abby only saw him twice for a few minutes.  Lexi kept pointing at him, and poking him.  I don't think she new what to think of this little baby.  Abby absolutely loves Colton and wants to help and share everything with him.
Abby could just sit and watch him for hours



My mom has been here since we went to the hospital.  She came to watch the girls while we would be away, and she is staying till Memorial Day.  Thank goodness she's been here, because I get overwhelmed just thinking about how it's going to be once "real life" starts. 

My days have been spent trying to spend time with each of the kids.  I feel like I have tons of love for all three kids, but not enough time to show them my love. 

It's been a crazy, long, sleep deprived week, but I'm so incredibly happy to have my handsome little man here with us.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

He is SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! (In a masculine way of course). Congrats and get some rest while your mom is still there. Don't worry you will get into your groove again soon. What a beautiful family you have. Congratulations again!!!

We don't get out your way too often, but I would love to get together some time.

Becky R. said...

He's darling, Leisa. What an amazing hospital staff, too. Glad that all is well and everything will be okay--just be patient with the transition.

Toni said...

Leisa, he's SO cute! How are you doing? I delivered Lincoln at AF Hospital. Looks like it was a great experience for you, too. Hope you're all doing well!