Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Colton Christopher

Our handsome little man was born Monday morning at 6:55am.  He was 8 lbs 6 oz and 20 inches long.

Hooked up to the CPAP machine

They were able to bring him to my room for a brief visit when they were moving him from one nursery to the other.  This was the first time I got to hold him.

He had fluid in his lungs (very common with c-sectioned babies), but after several hours on a CPAP machine and a round of some medication, he is now breathing on his own.  He is still in a level 2 nursery waiting to finish off 48 hours of antibiotics, but once he finishes that, and is feeding well, he can be moved back to the regular nursery and not hooked up to a ton of machines.

He is undoubtably our son, as he resembles the girls.  He's got the same blond hair (although he is mostly bald), same nose, same mouth.  We just don't have much variety in our family in the looks department.

9 comments:

Cindy Ricks said...

Congrats Leisa!! He is so cute! I am glad everything went well. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Thanks for the blanket! It is so soft. I was going to get you something but I realized I don't know what colors you have for your baby.

Also I am still pregnant...just a week left or hopefully less.

Becky R. said...

Congrats! He is DARLING!!!! Hope you are recovering. Thinking of you.

Madeline said...

Yay! Congratulations! He's soo sweet!

Rachelle said...

Congrats!! we are soo happy for you! He is cute!

Jolynne said...

I love how they all look alike! I hope you 2 are doing well! Patiently waiting for more pics! :)

Carrie said...

Yay!!! He is adorable, just like the girls. Congrats and I hope you recover quickly too. Keep sending the pics.

Christine said...

Well it's a good thing that your family has good looks then - all of your children are so cute and Colton is no exception. Congratulations - I hope his recovery and yours goes smoothly!!

Luke and Kellie said...

Congrats again!

Marquardson Family said...

I am so HAPPY for you guys!! He's so sweet!! Please let me know if you need a break! My girls would love to play with your girls!!