| Boom. Look at that belly. |
Needless to say, I am so beyond ready to get this little baby out of me. I had my final check up yesterday. Everything still looks good. So good, in fact, that I didn't even see the Dr. He left to go deliver a baby, and the nurse saw no reason for me to stick around to see him. I'm still measuring small, which continues to baffle me. I KNOW that my tummy is bigger than it was with either of the girls. For one, my belly button is officially an "outtie" now, which has never happened before. And secondly, I have new stretch marks on my tummy. I didn't get any new stretch marks when I was pregnant with Lexi, but I have some now. So yes, my tummy is large.
I got the stomach flu a week or so ago, and spent a couple of days quite miserable. And for whatever reason, the entire time I was sick, I was having contractions 7 or 8 minutes apart. Thats the first time EVER that I've had regular contractions (other than when I was enduced with Abby). My stomach has been quite sensitive since then, so I've had to be careful about the foods that I eat.
I have 5 days till my C-section, and I am finally starting the "nesting" process. I've washed and folded the clothes, purchased a few newborn diapers (man, those are SO tiny), and have gotten the car seat out to clean. It's actually been really good to finally start getting ready for the baby because it's forced me to actually think about the arrival of the baby, and not just focusing on the end of the misery that has been this pregnancy.
For Mothers Day, I told Cam that all I wanted was a pedicure. It's been awhile since I could reach my toes, so I thought it was time to bring in the professionals, and really get pampered :) I stopped after my Dr's appointment, and got the full, deluxe treatment. Ahhhh. It was just what I needed.
Cam has been so amazing these last couple of weeks. I've been pretty miserable/tired/grumpy and he has really stepped in and helped around the house. I'm so grateful for him! I'm also so grateful for the many people in my life who have offered their help or service. Cam's family has helped do a deep spring clean, and so many sisters in the ward have done so much for me. I feel so blessed, and am not really sure what I have done to deserve such great friends and family.
Now all we have to do is hurry up and wait. Cam gave me a blessing on Sunday, and I'm just hoping this little guy comes out happy and healthy.
I'll try to put up a picture and some stats while we are in the hospital.
3 comments:
Wow, Leisa! The big day is so close! We'll be thinking of you.
Yay! It's so close! Good Luck! Can't wait to see pictures!
I can't believe its almost here...9 months is a long time. I hope everything goes well with your c-section.
So your belly button is an outtie..mine is almost. I hear that means your ready and the baby is done cookin. I like the picture. Everytime I look down I think my belly is not that big then I take a picture and realize nope it definitely is out there.
Just a few more days! Good luck!
Post a Comment