Abby:
We had a rough month of April. When the sun started coming up earlier in the morning, so did Abby. Which made for a tired girl, who wasn't getting enough sleep. We also were incredibly busy all month long, so I think the combo made for a bit of disaster. She was ornery, short tempered and just a little difficult in general. Eventually, I gave up hope that she would adjust to the early sunrise, and started putting her to bed earlier, and thankfully, we have our sweet little Abby back.
She is getting ready for her dance recital which is less than two weeks away. Everyday, she loves to show us her new moves (most of them are dance moves that she comes up with on her own, and are a little spazzy, but whatever she does is always super cute).
Even with the fluctuating temperatures that we have had all spring, Abby wants to go outside to play, rain or shine. She loves her little scooter, riding her bike, coloring with chalk, and finding little ants to play with.
Dress up has become one of her favorite activities. Sadly, all we have is a tu-tu from her Halloween costume, but her little imagination can come up with tons of stuff to use that tu-tu for.
Dark pink, fairies, mermaids, and princesses are her absolute favorite right now.
The most difficult part of any day is the getting dressed and combing the hair. She always has a definite vision for what her outfit should be everyday and anything else is just not an option. The other day, Cam's sister invited her to spend the night, and as I was packing her clothes for the next day we butted heads a little. Her exact words were "the outfit that mommy picked out is ridiculous, and I can not be happy in it." I eventually won the battle, and she wore the clothes that I picked out :)
Lexi:
She's learned several words. Daddy, ba ba (for her sippy cup), night night, shoes, and of course NO. But she rarely uses them to communicate, except for "no", which we hear all day long. Most of her communication consists of grunts and pointing. I'm not sure what to do with her, I can't make her talk, but I sure wish she would so it would become a little easier to figure out what she wants. Thankfully, she understands a lot of what we are saying, so that does make things easier.
I've switched her to one nap a day, and she seems to have adjusted nicely to her new sleep schedule. Actually, some days I think the time she spends in her crib is her favorite because it means she gets her blanky. She absolutely LOVES her pink or purple soft blanky. She will cuddle it, and squeeze it every time she gets it. It is, hands down, her most favorite thing in the whole world. Her sippy cup comes in with a close second. I try to limit the blanky to just the crib, but some days, she will sneak into her room and pull it from her crib, so she can drag it around with her where ever she goes.
She got her first black eye, at Church, of all places.
![]() |
| Not a very good picture. I took it with my phone, and you don't really get the whole effect of the black eye. |
Lexi's starting to become possessive. Up until now, if a toy was taken from her, she would just move on to some other toy, not really caring. But she is now starting to scream and throw a fit when "her" toy is taken or being played with by some one else but her. So there has been quite a bit more fighting in the house between the girls. The words "Please share the toys, girls" is uttered multiple times every day.
She's also started throwing fits. Literally throwing herself to the ground in order to get what she wants. I think she's had a great teacher on mastering the art of throwing a fit from her older sister.
I love this age, when you can really see their personality come out. Lexi is quite the character, and loves to hug and snuggle. She makes me laugh all the time.
I'm a little worried about what her reaction to the little baby is going to be. She can be quite possessive of her mommy and daddy, and hates seeing us snuggle with anybody else, even Abby. This is going to be quite a shock to her system.
I just love and adore these girls so much!

1 comment:
It is crazy how similar our girls are! I could copy and paste your post on my blog, all I'd have to do is change the names and it would be accurate!
That is hilarios what Abby said about the outfit being "ridiculous" and not being happy in it! What a cutie!
Post a Comment