On Saturday we celebrated Lexi's first birthday. Officially, her birthday is tomorrow, so we'll do a little more celebrating then too. Cam's family came for the big bash, and we did the usual activities, talking it up while the kids run a muck around the house. Lexi also opened her presents and enjoyed some chocolate cake.
 |
| I actually ended up unwrapping all her presents. I guess it's only fun to tear paper, when it's in books or Abby's precious drawings. |
 |
| Cam did most of the picture taking at the party too. I'm going to have to make it an official Monahan family rule that he never takes pictures, especially on the special, once-in-a-life time events. |
 |
| I thought we would do a gingerbread man cake. I started cutting the cake, then remembered that I hadn't taken a picture yet. |
 |
| Before partaking in the chocolate cake. |
 |
| After. She managed to get a little of it in her mouth too. |
During Abby's first year of life, I was so uptight and nervous, I completely missed out on all the joy and sweetness that a little baby brings into our home. So, I'm
so glad that this time around, I just relaxed and had fun. I never thought that I would be able to enjoy the "baby stage" of raising children, but I have
loved this last year. I'm still learning a lot (patience and time management especially), but we all have to grow and learn together how to be the very best family.
What's Lexi up to now?
- She's in a forward facing car seat. I think she feels pretty cool to be facing in the same direction as everyone else.
- She's crawling and walking along the furniture.
- She absolutely loves going up the stairs. So a baby gate is now an official accessory to our home decor.
- She looks up to her big sister, and mimics her all the time.
- We've weaned her off formula, but she loves her bottles, and warm milk. I'm not too excited for the upcoming transition to sippy cups and cold milk.
- She's a really great cheerleader, clapping for everyone, all day long.
- She loves to get her groove on if a good song is playing. She even finds that a lot of church hymns have a good beat, and can really tear it up at church.
- She's such a momma's girl. Which works out pretty good, because Abby is an absolute daddy's girl. So, we each get to feel pretty special.
Lexi, babe. I love you with all my heart. You are a joy. Happy Birthday!!!
1 comment:
I wish I could see her dancin' at church! :) Wish we lived closer. Happy birthday, cutie!
Post a Comment