Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome Lexi Grace!

Our little Lexi Grace joined our family on Mon, Dec 21st.  She was a healthy 8 lbs 7 oz.  I had decided a while ago to do a c-section, and I am so glad I did because it went so smoothly.  The c-section was scheduled for 7:30 am so we had to be at the hospital at 6:00am.  That meant it was an early morning, I got up at 4:00am to get showered and ready to go.  But once we got there things moved pretty quickly.  Before we knew it she was out and screaming.  She was put on a CPAT for  about an hour because her oxygen level was a little low.  But other than that she was very healthy.  We were both suprised at her dark hair, and her skin even is a little dark.  She pretty much was the opposite of Abby, who was pale and very blonde. 



Abby stayed at Cam's parents while we were in the hospital.  They came to visit every day, and shy little Abby wouldn't talk to me and Cam at first.  I'm sure it was a little weird and she was just trying to digest everything that was going on.  But she quickly fell in love Lexi and wanted to hold her the whole time.  I think that we will have to keep a close eye on Abby when she is around Lexi in case her "love" is too strong!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful and I am in LOVE with her beautiful name! Hope you are doing well! Please, neighbor let me know if there is anything I can do! We would love to play with Abby for awhile if you want us to! I can't believe how good you look! After my c-section I looked terrible!

Toni said...

Leisa!! Congrats! It's been so long since I've had a chance to check blogs that I just barely saw your new arrival. I'm so sorry about the light therapy! That must be really stressful. I'm so glad she's here and that you're both healthy.

I wish I weren't working so I could take Abby off your hands for a day. It's so hard to adjust to two, isn't it? I'm glad your mom is there to help. Doesn't it make you so sad that you don't live closer to her? I know I was so sad when my mom left. And glad to hear that Abby loves her baby sister. Jack didn't care for Lincoln for the first little while. But now if Lincoln is crying, Jack will go get a toy for him, and he also likes to make sure Lincoln gets a kiss goodnight every night before going to bed. It sure melts your heart to see the love between siblings.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling. Congrats again to you guys! Can't wait to meet her.