Wow! I can't believe Lexi is three weeks old already. The last few weeks have been a blur. With blood tests almost daily, and pretty much just focusing on getting past the jaundice, time has flown by. Last Thursday, we finally started to get some good news, when I took her back to the doctor for her weight check, she had gained enough weight that it was no longer a concern. Then on Friday, her bilirubin check showed her levels had dropped from 16 to 10, which was great news because up until then, the lowest they had ever gotten was 15. Then on Saturday, her bilirubin check was even lower, so the doctor said we were finally finished. When we first arrived home from the hospital and Lexi was on light therapy, I NEVER imagined it would take over two weeks for the jaundice to go away.
I have realized, however, that I haven't really shared much about Lexi, other than that she was jaundiced. I have said so many times in the last weeks how suprised I am at how different Lexi is from Abby. And not just in appearance. Lexi is SO easy going. She is content most of the time, easily goes to sleep, and all in all is just a happy baby. Abby, on the other hand, was none of those things. I can only hope that Lexi remains an "easy" baby! The only difficulty so far is that we are having a hard time finding the right bottle, with the right nipple, that doesn't make her spit up. We have discovered that if the formula comes out too fast, she pretty much throws up the entire amount she had eaten. So, once we get that under control, hopefully the spitting up resolves it self.
Now that Lexi isn't yellow, and is no longer on lights, I finally got to take some decent pictures of her with the help of my friend Jolynne.

2 comments:
she is so cute. I love the pics. I am so glad she is a great baby.
What a beautiful baby! Those are really sweet pictures. I'm glad that she is so easy-going, that's a big help.
We like the AVENT bottles a lot - hope you can find something that works well for Lexi! Good luck with that. I'm so happy that her jaundice is gone and that now you can enjoy being home with your two cute girls.
Post a Comment