Thursday, December 17, 2009

Busy Celebrating Christmas and Getting Ready

This last week we have been busy, and I forsee the next week to be more of the same.  On Friday we attended our ward Christmas activity.  They served a nice "breakfast for dinner" dinner, and of course Santa was there to hear the kids wish list.  We stood in line with Abby, but as predicted, as soon as we got to Santa, she was too scared and wouldn't let go of Cameron.  So, we'll try again next year!

One of the best parts about living in Eagle Mountain is the fun things the city puts together.  Every year the fire department drives up and down every street with Santa sitting on the fire engine.  I was really looking forward to it this year because I thought Abby would really enjoy it.  We knew they would be driving by on Saturday morning because Cam was working on call from home in case a call came in while the engine was out.  Unfortunatly, a call did come in and Cam had to go to work, and while he was gone, the engine drove down our street.  By the time I heard the sirens, put Abby's shoes on and grabbed her coat, the engine was long gone.  They must have been cruising by pretty fast because it took me only a few seconds to wisk Abby out the door.  We were both bummed to have missed it.

Later Saturday afternoon, we headed to Provo to go to Cam's parents for a family Christmas party.  We had a nice ham dinner and spent time watching the kids play and visiting with one another.  Cam's mom got Abby a little baby doll, and of course she loves it, and now it goes everywhere with her.

Monday, I had a "girls day out" with my friend Jolynne.  We went and got pedicures (such a nice treat when your 9 months pregnant) and did some shopping.  I picked up a few of the last items needed for the baby, and just spent some time without the kids.  It was a much needed break because my patience is running really thin, and poor Abby is almost always on the recieving end when patience has run out. 

Tuesday, I had my FINAL doctors appointment.  Finally a little progress, I'm dialated to a two, and a for sure date was set for the c-section.  Monday, December 21st, here we come!  That means I only have a few more days to complete my long to-do list.  Hopefully, if I keep busy, time will fly by, and before I know it, our little baby will be here!

1 comment:

Jolynne said...

You missed the fire truck??? I didn't even miss the fire truck! They were going REALLY fast though. I was actually thinking that when they drove by. Bummer.