Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tons of Help, and Visitors

Cameron was able to take a whole week off of work, which was so nice.  On his first day back to work, Cam's sister, Are, and her family came to help me out.  They spent two nights and almost two whole days here helping me out.  They were so awesome!  They cleaned, entertained Abby, held Lexi while on the lights, and kept me company.  I don't think I could have survived that day if they hadn't been there.  On top of just adjusting to the new baby, I had to make a trip to the hospital, the doctors office, and it seemed that every time I turned around, something was going wrong.  That evening, Are and Will took Abby with them to dinner.  Are dressed Abby and Piper in similar outfits, it was so cute.


A couple of days later, my parents and brother Jeff came to visit.

Almost every time my Dad comes to visit, I have a project for him to work on. This time, I asked him to paint the headboard of Abby's bed white. It turned out great, and now all the furniture in her room match. One of the days while they were all here, Lexi was off light therapy, so we took the opportunity to go to Salt Lake to visit my Grandparents and my Uncle Frank. I feel so fortunate that Abby and Lexi are able to get to know their Great Grandparents.

My brother Scott and his family spent Christmas this year in Orem with his wife's family, and so they came to visit too. I was surprised at how quickly Abby and Sam became friends and were playing together.

It was nice that they could come over, since they live in Washington DC we don't see them very often.

My Dad and Jeff only stayed a couple of days, but my Mom is staying with me for almost two weeks! I am so glad, because I know that I would be a total mess if left all by myself right now. With trying to breastfeed, and all the light therapy, I have been a little stressed. I keep hoping that while my Mom is here, Lexi will be done with light therapy, and I will be able to figure out some sort a routine that I can follow once on my own.

I can't believe how many people have offered to help us out. There have been many offers from friends and neighbors, and both of our family's have spent a lot of time helping us. Even though I haven't taken everybody up their offers of help, I'm grateful for their willingness, and I probably will ask for their help in the near future. I'm grateful for all the help, and know I couldn't have survived without it! Thanks everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I've been checking periodically for pictures. It sounds like things have been kind of crazy for your family.

Lexi is just beautiful! Congratulations!!

Phew, that's a long two weeks or more with the blood draws and light therapy - I can only imagine that would be very stressful!! Having a new little one is anyway. I hope the formula starts to help her body process everything and that she is totally off of the lights soon. Aren't moms wonderful?? I'm so glad your mom can be there for 2 weeks!

I hope as things settle down that you can really get your feet under you and maybe even get a little sleep yourself!

Congratulations again - on having 2 beautiful girls!

-Christine