As I mentioned in the last post, Abby and I flew out to Colorado early Friday morning. Abby was so cute, she was excited, and I think she was feeling really special to be able to come with me while the others stayed home. We actually flew out of the Provo Airport, which was AWESOME! It took us like 5 minutes to get to the gate once Cam dropping us off. Way less stressful. Anyways, Abby just loved the airplane ride. She was quite the stickler for keeping her seatbelt on at all times. One time she wanted something from her backpack that was under the seat, so I unbuckled her so she could get down and get it, and she had a minor panic attack. She's a rule follower, for sure.
My Mom picked us up from the airport and we had planned to spend the day in Denver so we could visit my sister and her family that recently bought a house in Aurora. We had talked about going to a movie (we actually had thought to go the the movie at the theater that had the horrible attack the night before we arrived but had to rethink that) and Abby wanted to see "Brave" again, so we found a theater close to my sisters house. It ended up being a pretty awesome theater. It was like a dinner theater. You picked a seat in the theater, then a waiter would come, take your order and bring you food, just like a restaurant, but all while you watched the movie. We thought that was pretty cool. After the movie, we found a trampoline place for Abby to play at. When she said she wanted to go to a jumping place, I reminded her she would be there alone, without any family/friends that she knew to play with. She's so funny, she kind of furrowed her brow, and said it was ok, she would just find a friend there to play with. And she did find two girls that she played with. I wish it was that easy for me to make friends :)
| At the trampoline place. |
| Climbing the wall |
After a couple hours jumping around, we headed to Michelle's cause she was going to be getting home from work soon. The kids all played, and I was given the grand tour of her new house. Then we all went to dinner.
It was getting late, so after dinner we headed back to my parents. Abby had been looking forward to playing on my parents swingset all day. My dad had bought some new swings and stuff, and Abby just had to play on the set, so I let her stay up playing on the swings till it got dark.
The next morning, we loaded up the car to head back here to Utah.
It was such a quick trip, but it was an awesome chance for me and Abby to get some one-on-one time, and she really enjoyed having a day just for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment