Abby had her spring dance recital on Saturday. Cam's parents came, and Abby really wanted her cousin Piper to come, so we invited her to come spend the weekend at our house.
This year, I usually just dropped Abby off at dance practice, so it wasn't until the dress rehearsal Saturday morning that I finally saw her do her dance. She has really gotten pretty good, for a 4 year old ;) She knew a lot of the moves and stuff. I was so proud of her. I love that my timid little girl can get up there and show no fear and she almost seems to love being in the spotlight. It's such a unique side of her, because she usually shy's away from being center stage.
Dress Rehearsal (I've learned to take pictures during dress rehearsal so I can either video or just watch her dance during the recital):
 |
| They danced to "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas. |
 |
| A rare moment when all the girls were actually doing the same move at the same time ;) |
 |
| The class picture. |
So, funny story. When I put Abby's costume on before heading to the dress rehearsal, she said she wanted her leotard on underneath. I was a little frustrated at that point in the morning and told her that was ridiculous, she was supposed to just wear the dress. Well when we got to rehearsal, her teacher said she wanted all the girls with their leotards on underneath. Oops! You can see that apparently most of the other Mom's knew or assumed that they needed the leotards, as Abby is pretty much the only one
not wearing a leotard in the picture.
 |
| Abby being shown how to pose (like she needs to be told how to do that :) |
 |
| Lexi had to join in and pose too. Apparently this pose was the "looking far off in the distance" pose, cause every time I told them to pose for the camera, they looked away. |
Before the recital:
 |
| Pictures before we left for the recital. I had to do a new hair do because the braids didn't survive through the day. |
 |
| This was captured mid-twirl |
 |
| And our new favorite, the jump shot. I love that she still has her thumbs tucked in and her toes pointed out. I guess all the work on form has really stuck ;) |
 |
| All the girls! They all have the same excited grin. |
There was a dance at the very end of the recital for all the students to do together and Abby just insisted on staying, so at intermission Cam took all the other kids home, and I stayed with Cam's mom to the very end. I'm actually glad we stuck around because the last song was a hip-hop dance, and it was the cutest thing to see Abby do. I was laughing so hard, she was adorable, and totally into it.
1 comment:
She is so cute! I love seeing her dance pictures.
Post a Comment