Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lexi, 18 months

Here is what Lexi is up to now that she is a year and half:
  • Her favorite toy is building blocks.  She will quietly sit there forever and put them together, then take them apart.  I'm so grateful she found a toy to keep her distracted for a few minutes.
  • She loves climbing...everything.  The table, chairs, bed, whatever.  I can not take my eye off of her for a minute, because she will move from one thing to the next.
  • She's learning more and more words.  Shoes, car, ball, bye-bye, no, night night, here mommy, mommy, daddy.  I think she even says Abby and Lexi, but they sound so close to mommy and daddy, it's hard to tell for sure.
  • She's learning some body parts.  She knows where her head, hair, nose, mouth, teeth, hands, feet and tummy are.
  • She loves to be held.
  • She's made two attempts at attending nursery, and failed both times.  She's horrible at good-byes :)  We'll keep trying, because there is no way I'm taking Lexi AND Colton to classes with me.
  • She's a bit of a bully.  Hitting and biting.  Where do they learn this stuff?!  So, she is quite familiar with time out.
  • She desperatley tries to keep up with Abby.  She loves to copy and follow her big sister around.  Lexi loves it, Abby, not so much.
  • She gives kisses.  So cute.
  • She loves to sing and dance.
  • She loves to try to jump.  I think her feet only barely lift off the ground.
I just love my little Lexi.  She is such a cutie and quite the character.  Everyday, she makes me laugh.  I love this age, where they are learning and growing so much, it's an adventure everyday!

1 comment:

Luke and Kellie said...

Lexi is so sweet! I am loving this age with Livvy too, they're so much fun!