Friday, July 22, 2011

Playing at the splash park, kind of

The other day, I took the kids to the splash park that opened a few weeks ago here in Eagle Mountain.  This was my second attempt.  This first time, Cam and I took them, and both the girls just went around, only getting their hands wet.  I was getting frustrated, because we were sitting in the hot sun, so they could wash their hands, I DON'T THINK SO!  But Abby was begging to go again, so I took them.  This time, though, I came more prepared.  I brought snacks, and a shade umbrella for Colton and I to sit under.  For about the first hour, the girls wouldn't go play in the water.  If they went in, one or both would start crying very quickly.  So they sat under the umbrella with me and Colton, eating snacks.  Eventually, Abby started playing with a little girl from the group sitting next to us in the grass, and she finally started to play in the water.  It was fun, and all the kids were relatively happy the whole time.  I'm certain we will be going a lot more this summer.

1 comment:

Jolynne said...

Em has a splash pad? That's awesome...Is it good? Hoe fun!