Monday, July 18, 2011

Colton, 2 months

Colton is 2 months old!  How did that happen?  I swear we just brought him home from the hospital a few days ago.
  • He weights 11lbs 10 oz which really suprised me because he is quite lean, so he doesn't look like he has gained hardly any weight.  That puts him in the 50% for his age.
  • He's 24 inches long, which puts him in the 90% for height.
  • There is little concern about a flat spot on his head that's being caused by him usually looking only one direction.  We have some stretches and exercises to do to help prevent the need for a helmut.
  • He still is the king of spitting up, but the Dr isn't concerned because he considered a "happy spitter". 
  • He is starting to become a pretty decent sleeper.  If he is in his swing, he'll nap a good 2 or 3 hours, and at night if he is wrapped real good and tight, he'll sleep for a good 6 hours.  Last night he even slept for 7 1/2 hours.  I can't complain about that :)
  • He is sensitive.  If I let him get the least bit over tired, I'll pay big time.  If he's tired, or has a dirty diaper, or his clothes are wet (from the spit up of course) he will let me know with a good deal of crying.
  • He is such a smiler.  We joke that he is either smiling or crying.  It's so cute, he is such a flirt.
  • He is dearly loved by his sisters, especially Abby.  She just adores Colton!

2 comments:

Cindy Ricks said...

He is adorable!! I love the picture. You are lucky he is sleeping that long at night. Orin slept last night for six hours and it was heavenly! I hope he can keep it up.

Becky R. said...

What a great little guy. :) Glad he's doing so well.