Friday, April 30, 2010

Lexi, 4 Months Old

I was looking back through my blog, and I realized that I haven't posted very much about what's happening with Lexi.  Don't worry, she hasn't been forgotten or neglected, but there's only so much that can be said about someone that pretty much only eats and sleeps!

But, she is growing fast and doing new things all the time.  She just turned 4 months old, which means it's only 2 more months till that magical 6 months when things seem to get so much easier.  Recently she got thrush, and after two weeks of treating it, it still hasn't gone away.  Most of the time it isn't a big deal, but she does have days where she won't eat very well because she's devolved a few sores in her mouth from it. She also has an eye infection that just won't go away either.  Poor little girl, she wakes up with the grosses eye boogers, and she just rubs and rubs her eye till it is so red.  Other than her minor little ailments, she is happy and healthy.  Actually, extremely healthy, she is a BIG girl, so she looks about twice her age.  Luckily, on a baby, fat rolls are super cute!

My mom bought us a Bumbo, which she just recently has liked sitting in.  It's so nice because now it's easy for her to join us at the table for meals and stuff.  She also is transitioning nicely to taking her naps in her crib instead of in her swing and she is falling asleep on her own too.  Her newest achievement was to roll over, once.  I'm pretty sure it was entirely by accident, but, hey, they have to start somewhere right?

At her 4 month check-up the doctor said she was doing good, and to start solid foods when we wanted.  So I've tried a couple of times and Lexi is still unsure of the whole idea, but I'm sure with time she will LOVE it! 

She weighed 15 lbs 6 oz and is 24.5 inches tall.

2 comments:

Toni said...

She is SO big! And you're right, chubby babies are WAY more fun than teeny ones.

And aren't Bumbo's the best? They're great at meal times and they just love sitting up!

Becky R. said...

In the last picture on this post, I think Lexi's face looks SO much like Leisa! :)