Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kangaroo Zoo and the Petting Zoo

I got in touch with Rayma, an old friend that I used to work with, and it turns out she lives in Eagle Mountain AND has a little boy that is about 6 months younger than Abby.  We got together and went to Kangaroo Zoo in Pleasant Grove.  Abby had a blast jumpin' around and I enjoyed the opportunity to visit with Rayma.

I took some pictures but right now every picture I take is blurry because Abby got a hold of the camera and touched the lens.  I haven't been able to get it clean enough to take a decent picture yet.

The next day, I met up with Are and Piper at Thanksgiving Point to take the girls to the petting zoo.  I've taken Abby a couple of time before, and she likes to look at the animals, but only from a distance.  Are was excited to take Piper on the pony ride, but I kept saying "there's NO WAY Abby will go on it".  Once we arrived and were looking at the animals, sure enough, Abby got scared if the animals got too close the fence, she wouldn't feed them and was pretty content to just stand back and look.  When we finished looking at the animals, we got in line for the pony ride, and I felt even more confident that Abby would not ride the pony.  As it got closer to our turn, Abby said she was going to ride the pony, but I figured she'd get scared when we tried to put her on it.  I had Lexi in the stroller, so I had to hang back, and Are took the girls to get on the pony's.  And guess what, Abby got on the pony, and was happy and excited! Never, would I have thought she would do it.  Those of you that know my timid little two year old, might understand my amazement.  I was SO, SO proud of her.  I know it seems silly, but I think that was one of the most proud moments I've had as her mother so far.  I still, just thinking about it get full of pride for her.  Abby is VERY shy, and can be VERY timid, and this was completely out of character.  I can only imagine what it took in her mind to convince herself to get up there and do it.  It's funny how the small, random things seem to remind us parents of the joy and love we have for our children.  GO ABBY!!!
 

2 comments:

Becky R. said...

Yeah, Abby! I totally understand how you feel. Makes you understand how proud our Father is of us, huh?

Christine said...

Yeah Abby!! Those "little" (big) triumphs are the best. Oh, and from the previous post - she's sure lucky to have you for a mom!