Something that I was somewhat prepared for, but am still finding very frustrating, is that she seems to have regressed a bit in potty training. I know that most of her accidents are done in an attempt to get our attention, so I think we will have to come up with a creative way to solve this problem. It's absurd, how quickly Abby's laundry basket fills with dirty clothes. It feels like the washer and dryer and running constantly!
But she has done a few less destructive activities, but equally messy, like "making dinner". Which consists of her getting out her play food and dishes and covering the kitchen table in food and toys. It's super cute, but we have a rule of no toys in the kitchen, and I think that a table COVERED in toys would be considered breaking the rules. I do think that, for the time being, Abby gets away with stuff she would normally get in trouble for. Cam and I are just too tired and distracted sometimes to care. However, I am quite certain that this "freedom" won't last long, and we will have to start cracking the whip once again.
Lexi, on the other hand, hasn't been up to too much. Pretty much, eating and sleeping. Unfortunately, both are still challenging. She is very fussy while eating, and we've yet to figure the source of the problem. But we are slowly eliminating possible causes. Sleeping, has also been difficult, because she is quite congested. We have the humidifier going, and are using the saline drops, and hopefully it will work itself out. All that said, Lexi really is a good, happy baby. I do get nervous, however, anytime she is a little difficult, that she will be a colicky baby, or develop reflux. I think having a difficult time during the first 6 months with Abby makes me a little on edge, and never quite confident that Lexi will be easy (or easier than Abby, anyway). I do think that I am really starting to see the truth in the fact that every kid is very different and the "tricks" that worked for one baby, doesn't necessarily mean it will work for another.
Here are some pics of the two girls, doing what they do!
Abby has gotten quite opinionated about what she wears, this was a day where she picked out her clothes. Looking back at the picture, the outfit doesn't look too bad, but on that day I thought she looked a little odd. I also made some flash card of the letters (spread all over the floor), because she loves to learn what each letter is.
I asked Abby to go potty, then get her shoes and socks so we could go to Wal-Mart. This was what she was wearing when she came back to me. I'm not sure if she actually thought that was an appropriate outfit, or if she forgot to put her pants back on.
Abby loves Seseme Street, and so she really enjoys playing with her Elmo and Abby dolls. Here she is teaching them some letters.
Here's a picture of Lexi doing her thing. Sleeping.
1 comment:
SOOO CUTE!! I am coming over to get me some girl time! It boys all the time around here!!
Post a Comment