Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oh, so busy in August!

This last month I had a lot going on. My parents and brother Jeff came for a visit for a few days. My mom wanted to see my grandparents and help them out and my dad and brother tagged along. The majority of the time that they were here, they spent in SLC with my grandparents and I stayed behind to get all the daily chores and stuff done. When it was time for the family to return to Colorado, Abby and I went too. I always enjoy returning home to Colorado, but I was worried about this particular trip because we would be there for so long (over two weeks). Thankfully we were able to work it out so that I could drive my car over and I wouldn't be with out a car for so long.

My mom and I decided that while I was there we would babysit Kenna for my sister, that way Abby and Kenna could get in some serious bonding time. I'm glad that they got along so well, it made watching them so much easier.




Since we were on vacation, I decided it was okay to splurge a little. One night we went to Baskin Robins for ice cream and I got Abby her own little scoop of ice cream. She was in seventh heaven and loved every bite of ice cream. She is quite handy with the utensils, even though you wouldn't know from these pictures. She managed to get the majority of it in her mouth, but a few spoonfuls slid off the spoon.



The first Saturday that I was there, Michelle and I took Abby and Kenna to a place called "Jumpin'". It's one of those play places filled with inflatable play houses. Abby LOVES to jump, so I figured it would be a hit with her. However, I failed to remember that she is extremely timid when it comes to new things. Michelle and I tried everything to get her to jump around. Michelle took her in and jumped with her, and took her down the slide, all of which forced Abby to tears. So eventually, me and my pregnant belly went in and spent a good 20 minutes slowly getting Abby to warm up to the jumping. Once she discovered how fun it was, she didn't want to stop! Kenna, who is fearless, was all over the place and having a ball the whole time.







Later that night, my Dad was washing his car, and Abby helped him, it was SO cute. She really only washed the front bumper, but I'm sure it is spotless!




Finally, about a week and half after our arrival in Colorado, Cam flew over. I'm so glad that he is willing to stay behind to work, but we sure missed him!

Cam grew up in California and is a huge Dodgers fan. And he totally lucked out because the week that he was over, the Rockies were playing the Dodgers. So Cam, my Dad, and my brother Jeff went to a game. Luckily for Cam, the Dodgers even won (unlucky for my family who totally support the Rockies).

In Loveland, there is a new park there that is SO awesome! It has a little splash park. So one afternoon when the sun was shining, we took Abby to "splash". However, her timidness returned, and only a little splashing took place. This time I wasn't willing to get wet and help her get comfortable. But she had fun anyways.




There is another park in Loveland, that has a little train for little kids to ride. So we took Abby for a short ride.



The day before we came home, Cam and Abby and I went up to Estes Park, it's a small mountain town comparable to Park City. One place that it's famous for is the Stanley Hotel. It's the hotel that inspired Steven King to write the Shining. It's also where they filmed the "new" version of the Shining which was a tv mini-series in the '90s. So we went there and saw it. It's is such a huge place, but most of it's open to guests only. Then we toured the shops and had lunch.



It was so nice, because while I was there, I was able to visit with some old friends. One night, Michelle and I went to our friends Toni's house for dinner. It was nice to visit, but with three 2 year olds and an infant to try to keep happy, it was quite a task for us. Then another day, we went and had lunch with a childhood friend Tammy. It was so nice to see her because she has been living in Alaska for several years and so it's been a long time since we've seen each other. I also got a chance to visit with Crystal, a friend that lived next door to us. I'm so glad that I got the chance to visit with old friends, because I rarely take the opportunity when I return home, but it was nice to catch up!



We finally returned home on the 31st. I am so grateful for all the time that we got to spend with my family. It was nice to never be alone, and for Abby to spend some quality time getting to know my family.

5 comments:

Christine said...

How fun - and how nice to get to visit with people and catch up. That's funny, we took MaryP to the train park and the new splash park too. She loved the train but was also timid of the water. I wonder why? How nice that Abby and Kenna had so much time together! It seems like there is never enough time with cousins. Sounds like a great trip!

Laurie said...

I have been wondering where you guys were?! How fun for you! Sounds like a great trip! I LOVE that picture of Abby with her icecream! Congrats on your baby girl!!

Toni said...

Colorado is THE BOMB! It was funny we were visiting at the same time. We took Jack to the splash park in downtown Loveland while we were there, but he was giggling and laughing every time he got in the water (until he fell down and scraped his knee and forehead.) Anyway, let me know if you ever want to head over and maybe we can carpool or caravan!

Michelle Davis said...

I was so happy for you to come out and help with Kenna! With the move coming up and new job, drama at the old job... everything for me is so complicated right now, I feel horrible I didn't get spend more time with you guys! I miss you! And Kenna sure misses Abby!

Jolynne said...

I am so glad you had so much fun with your family!