Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Birthday to Abby!

While we were in Colorado, Abby had her second birthday. I always love when these type of special occasions happen while visiting my family because I feel that they miss out on so much. So, I made Abby a cake




(Elmo of course, Abby's favorite right now), and we opened presents. Cam and I went in together with my parents and bought Abby a little kitchen set.



I'm hoping that once the baby comes, Abby will be content to play in her room with the kitchen while I am feeding and rocking the baby. We'll see! But for now, she loves it and wants me to "eat" food with her all the time. She also got a few more toys, and my Mom got her some books for Sacrament meeting. I think she is old enough to graduate to "churchy" activities only during Sacrament meeting, so hopefully these new books keep her entertained. Abby had so much fun opening presents, eating cake and ice cream and playing with the balloons.

Then, yesterday, we had a little party, so that Cam's family could also celebrate her birthday. So, once again, I made an Elmo cake, we opened presents and played. While in Colorado, I got the materials to make a quilt for Abby and for the new baby. I worked a lot on it and finished Abby's just a few days ago. So I gave that to her for her "second" birthday party.



Since it was a special occasion, we let Abby stay up late, and she had tons of energy (probably from the cake and ice cream) and jumped and danced with her cousin Hyrum.




It's so nice to spend time with his family because it's only a few more weeks until Ethan goes to the MTC. I think we all are treasuring the chances to all be together.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Look at all the fun things you do with Abby. You are such a good mom. And LOVE the Elmo cake, how fun!!!

Muncher Cruncher said...

I'm so glad you found my blog!! Let me know if there is anything specific you'd like to know about. Good luck with the pregnancy! :)

Jolynne said...

It looks like abby got spoiled for her birthday!!! She is so cute! Great job on the elmo cake btw!!

Toni said...

AWESOME job on the Elmo cake! Jack loves Elmo, too. You guys should come over and we can show Abby the talking Elmo doll that Jack has.

Christine said...

I agree - fabulous job on the cake!!! I'm glad you were able to celebrate with family. Happy Birthday (a little late) Abby!