Saturday, February 28, 2009

Las Vegas

Well, I finally made my maiden voyage to Las Vegas. In all of my 26 years, I've never been, and the opportunity arose and I took it. I went with Jolynne for three nights. Just us girls. It was SO MUCH FUN! We stayed at the Stratosphere hotel,



which isn't that exciting unless you ride the rides (which we didn't) but it was a comfortable place to sleep each night. We went to a lot of the classic Vegas destinations. The Belagio Hotel to see the water fountain show, lots and lots of casinos, M&M World, tons of stores and it all required SO MUCH walking. We went to FAO Schwartz in Cesears Palace and played on the big piano that was like the one in the movie "Big".



I wasn't able to play any real tunes, but it was awesome to see it.
We even were able to catch a Cirque Du Soleil show "Mystere".



It was amazing and totally made the whole trip. Those people do things that human body's aren't meant to do! We saw other shows too, but the spontaneous ones that the drunk people put on, forgetting what room they are in, passing out, throwing up and they were all FREE!



This is a picture of me in front of Trump Tower. We saw some pictures of the hotel online, and knew we had to see the inside. Unknowingly, we slipped past the employees into the area for hotel guests only. It was absolutely beautiful and amazing inside.

I enjoyed my time away, but was very excited to return home to see Cameron and Abby. And it actually was quite an ordeal trying to get home, it involved about 6 hours stuck at the airport and a delayed flight, which finally got us home at midnight.

Thanks Jolynne for suggesting this trip!

3 comments:

Jason said...

Hey! Looks like a really fun trip! It is always fun to get away for a bit and have some girl time, but it's always awesome to get home! I'm glad you girls had fun! I was just catching up on your blog:). You are good at updating. I need to be better. I like your pictures and posts.

Steph said...

I'm so glad you got to go on a girl trip, and to one of my favorite cities! (I went to massage school there!) We're hopefully going in a few weeks.

I love Mystere! It makes me happy that you got to see it!

Laurie said...

That's crazy you have never been there! So much fun! How fun with just the girls too! Good for you!!