Monday, February 2, 2009

No Longer Starving Students!



Well it finally happened. We redecorated out family room, and have upgraded to matching furniture. Our mismatched hand-me downs have found new homes else where (granted, most of them just moved to other rooms in the house). We're grateful to the pieces of furniture we were given but it was time to move on. We bought new furniture and even painted the walls. It's been something we have wanted to do since we moved in to our house, and I am actually quite pleased with the outcome. It isn't quite finished yet because there are some items that need to be hung back on the walls and such, but for the most part we have completed our first decorating project.

There was only one small problem along the way. The furniture store delivered the wrong couch. Well actually, it was the right one technically. We though we ordered a gray couch, and a red sofa chair. But we got a red couch and a red chair. There must have been a communication error at the store. However, I liked the red couch and had actually tried to convince Cameron that a red couch would be nice, and bring a lot of color into the room. He wasn't convinced, until it arrived. I'm not sure if he really came around to liking the color, or just gave in to please me. Either way, I think he is the best for letting me keep it.

We also had a hard time deciding where and how to paint. All the rooms are so open, that there isn't really a way to only paint one room, so in the end, we painted all the rooms on the main floor. On Saturday, when Cameron was off of work, I stuck Abby and him upstairs and Rory was outback all day. I painted from about 9am to 9pm with only a five minute lunch break. The house was torn apart, but I managed to get it all done in one day. I'd love to eventually carry that paint color upstairs into the loft. But I haven't figured out how to paint the stair well. I'd love ideas if anyone's ever done that.

4 comments:

Jason said...

Hey! I'm glad you found my blog. You can for sure make a link. I'm glad you have one too! I need to update my blog really bad but I don't have a computer at home now that Jason has his office. So I'm going to get a little behind. Oh well.

Spencer, Emily, Ashlee said...

Looks great! Spencer just painted our loft and stairway. I love it. You should come check it out and we can tell you how we did it. Check out our blog, there are pics of his great work. PS how was achievment days? Sorry about the email mix up. Won't happen again.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Thats really cute! I like it!

Jolynne said...

I love your new furniture! SO cute! You did a great job!