Thursday, March 5, 2009

No More Binky!


Well, Abby is now 18 months old, which has always been that magic number for when the pacifier would be taken away. She really only uses it for sleep and if we are going out and I know she is going to be tired or cranky. I have totally dreaded this day for SO LONG. I was afraid there would be many tears, little sleep, and tons of frustration. We took it away on Sunday night, and it really hasn't been that bad. She will cry for a few minutes, and always ask for her "mimi" (translation: binky). But we have explained in words that she understands that the binky is no more. SO, there have been few tears, plenty of sleep, and only a little frustration. Now I'm wondering "why did I wait so long?"

1 comment:

Jolynne said...

She is really doing great without the binky! I think! Way to go! I'm sure its bitter sweet!