Monday, February 23, 2009

Color Me Mine!

We kind of had a day out today! We went to the mall and I have totally fallen in love with the tree house play area for kids. Abby LOVES it! She runs and really enjoys watching all the kids. Its a great FREE place indoors for her to play until it warms up enough for outdoor playgrounds. Then we went to Color Me Mine and attempted to paint a few pieces of pottery. I thought it would be something that Abby could "help" with, but it quickly turned into a disaster. Abby was tired and cranky, and I totally bit off more than I could chew. I was trying to entertain and keep Abby under control at the same time, painting. I finally put her in her stroller and strapped her in so we could get stuff done and not have to worry about Abby breaking something. Cameron painted a mug and I painted a plate for Abby to put her hand print on, which I think turned out really cute. When I finally finished and moved onto MY piece, Abby's patience had really run thin (so had mine), so I quickly painted something and we packed up and left. Although we pushed Abby to her limits, it was a fun day that we spent as a family.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

How cute! I have always wondered about that place good to hear it was fun! I hardly ever go to the mall something about that place drives my kids wild!

Michelle Davis said...

what does cam's mug say???? The plate did turn out pretty cool! So, hey we still need to get some professional pictures of kenna and Abby! Maybe if I come out soon?