Wednesday:
This day we stopped in Ensenada, Mexico. Once we got off the ship in the morning we just wandered around the shops and then ate some lunch.
 |
| Michelle, Mom at lunch |
 |
| Michelle and I shared a "Super Burrito" it was really big, that is only Michelle's half on that plate. We were excited to get to taste some real Mexican food, but I'm not sure we picked the right place because there were hamburger's on the menu :) The food was good, but nothing spectacular. |
 |
Mom, Michelle
Ensenada |
 |
| The town wasn't at all like I expected. It's pretty run down. It definitely made me realize why the Mexicans want out of Mexico so badly. |
 |
Michelle, Mom, Me (in case you couldn't tell us twins apart ;)
This was a professional picture we purchased. I took a picture of the picture to put on the computer :)
|
 |
| The ship |
 |
Michelle
We goofed around a bit walking back to the ship to get on the bus for an excursion |
 |
| Pose |
 |
Me
Pose |
 |
Michelle pretending trying to lift this huge anchor. |
After lunch, we had booked an excursion to a place called "La Bufadora" or "the blow hole". It was a place on the coast where when the tide came up it would create a bit of a geyser. It was a beautiful area on the coast, but honestly not that spectacular. However, I think we were just grateful to get away from Ensenada. All there is to do in the town was hit the shops, and it seemed like most shops were selling pretty much the same stuff, and they are desperate for business, so all the shop owners are practically begging for you to come in their store.
 |
| The geyser behind us |
 |
| Me, Michelle |
 |
Michelle
Pose |
 |
Me
Pose |
 |
| Me |
 |
| Geyser |
 |
| That's where the water sprays up |
 |
| Mom, Me |
 |
| Beautiful coast |
After the trip to La Bufadora we just headed back to the ship. It wasn't supposed to leave port till 9pm, but we'd pretty much seen all there was. We had dinner then wandered around a little bit, but we were pretty beat, so we crashed pretty early.
 |
| This was another professional picture taken on the ship. We thought it was pretty funny. |
Thursday:
 |
Michelle, Me.
Reading on the deck. |
This day was completely spent at sea. So we had big plans to hit the deck, and relax with a book. That pretty much went off with out a hitch, except Michelle and I got hit with a bit of sea sickness. We hunted down some medicine, and that kept the nausea to a minimum. We did manage another trip to the gym. This time it wasn't busy, so I settled onto the treadmill and busted out some of the speediest miles. It was SO much easier running at sea level as apposed to the altitude I'm used to.
That night after dinner, we saw another comedy show, and another dance/singing show. They were so-so, but honestly we were just having so much fun spending time together, I think we could have been watching paint dry and still had an enjoyable time :)
Friday:
We had to be out of our room by 8:30am, so it was an early morning. We ate breakfast than disembarked, went through customs, and headed to the airport. We had no idea when we would be kicked off the ship, so we had booked our flights for the late afternoon. However, we arrived at the airport at 10am, I got on an earlier flight, so I only had to wait 3 hours at the airport. Mom and Michelle I think were hanging around the airport for like 5 hours cause it was too expensive to change flights.
 |
Michelle On the bus to the airport. I don't know why she's so happy ;) |
 |
Me Much sadder having to say good-bye :) |
It was nice to be home, and it appears as though Cam had everything under control with the kids while I was gone.
 |
This is the dress I bought Lexi in Mexico. They wanted to try the dreesses on as soon as they saw them.
She's also getting to be pretty photogenic too. Here is her pose. |
 |
| Abby's dress |
 |
| Lexi just walked up to Abby and gave her a big hug. She has been on a hugging frenzy lately, giving her hugs pretty freely :) |
 |
| This was the shirt I bought Colton. |
This trip was such a blast. I'm so glad we went. I would totally go on another cruise, but I definitely think I'll stay clear of any cruise going to Mexico, unless you like sea food, or getting drunk, there just isn't much to do. The employees that work on the cruises are SO unbelievably nice and friendly. They work hard to remember your names, and are helpful and smiling, that made the trip so much more enjoyable. It was kind of a bummer going back to the real world and people aren't nearly as friendly (
cough, cough, the airport, for example).
P.S I tried to put who's who in the captions. Although I have no problem telling Me and my sister apart, I do realize we look very similar in most pictures. We got asked constantly if we were twins the whole trip.
1 comment:
It looks like you had a great time! It's nice you were able to get a nice break with your sister and mom. I love all the poses! A cruise really does sound like a lot of fun. I love the girls' dresses and Colton's shirt. He is adorable!
Post a Comment