This last week, my sister Michelle, my Mom and I all went on a cruise. It was so much fun! We all had a blast and really enjoyed spending time together. It was also a great chance to unplug (no TV, and very little cell service) for a week. There are tons of pictures and tons to talk about, so I'll probably break it up into a couple of posts.
Monday:
This was the first day, which was mostly traveling. I flew to LA and met Mom and Michelle there cause they flew in earlier from Denver. Then we boarded the shuttle and headed to the ship.
We ate some lunch once we were aboard, and did some exploring till our room was ready.
 |
| The view from our balcony. |
 |
| Our balcony/room is right behind the orange life boat. At least we felt secure in knowing we'd have first dibs on a life boat in case of an emergency :) |
 |
| Michelle didn't waste any time getting comfortable |
 |
| This is our suite. We stayed in a suite and it wasn't all that big, so I'd hate to see the size of a regular room :) |
 |
| Each night there would be a different towel animal left on the bed |
That night after dinner we wandered around some more till we stumbled upon some karaoke. Although none of us had any intention of singing, it was pretty entertaining just to watch.
 |
| Michelle and Mom on the deck of the ship |
 |
| Me and Mom |
Tuesday:
Our first stop was Catalina Island just off California. First thing in the morning, Michelle and I hit up the gym, which was packed. After a little time in there, I went up to do a few laps on the jogging track.
 |
| The view from the track |
Then we ate breakfast and got on the boat that took us from the ship to the island.
 |
Me, Michelle
On the little boat headed to the island |
 |
| The view of the ship from the boat |
 |
| The view of the island from the boat |
On the island, we just looked around, checked out the beach, and did some shopping.
 |
| We saw this Armstrong restaurant and had to get a picture of Mom in front of it because her maiden name is Armstrong |
 |
Me, Michelle
The beach. Michelle and I got to be really good at posing for the camera ;) We took some tips from Abby and her awesome abilities. |
 |
| Mom, Michelle |
 |
| The city was so cool and pretty |
 |
Me Shopping. Doesn't this hat look so good on me ;) I decided against that purchase though. |
 |
| There was a lady who would paint a name using animals or whatever you wanted so I got one for Colton's room. I think it is super cute. |
We had to be back on the ship by 4:30 that afternoon, so we just did some more relaxing and reading back on the ship. In the middle of our relaxing we saw a huge group of dolphins swim right by the ship. It was really cool.
 |
| The dolphins |
That night we saw a comedy act, then caught a Latin dance show. The comedy act was hilarious, but the dance show was a little long and repetitive, but we still had fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment