Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lexi's hives

Wednesday morning, Lexi woke up with a rash.  It was mostly on her torso, and I was only mildly concerned.  I was pretty sure it was from the amoxicillan she has been taking because she got a little rash the last time she was on it.  I decided to just keep an eye on it through out the day.  By the middle of the afternoon, it had spread to her entire body, head to toe.  So, we were off to the Dr to find out how severe of an allergy she had. The Dr confirmed that she was allergic to amoxicillan.
The next day it was even worse.  It was all over her face.  Luckily, as long as she was taking the Benadryl the itching wasn't bad.  So even though it looked awful, she was pretty much her same old happy self.


5 comments:

Michelle Davis said...

Poor girl! Although - her face says otherwise. She looks looks so happy.

Toni said...

Michelle's right, she does look pretty happy still. Jack had an allergic reaction to Amoxicillin a few months ago, too. What's up with that?

Cindy Ricks said...

Oh sad! That rash looks bad. She looks like a happy lttle girl though. I hope it clears up soon.

Jolynne said...

Oh my thats looks awful! Poor thing!

Luke and Kellie said...

Poor girl!