The kids and I picked her up from the airport on Wednesday ( the same day Lexi's hives appeared) and stopped by my grandparents for a quick visit, then headed home. It was about this time that I started to get worried about the rash all over Lexi. The rest of the day was pretty much spent running to the doctors, and then running to the store for some Benadryl. I felt bad that the first day of my Mom's vacation was pretty chaotic.
Thursday was a pretty easy going day. Lexi and Colton were both in need of some good nap time, so we stuck close to home, other than another quick trip to the doctors for Lexi. We baked cookies, and just went through the typical daily routine. This also was the one night that came was going to be home, so when he got home, after we put the kids to bed, we ran off to see a movie. It was a late movie, and I was tired, so I might have slept through a little bit of it :)
Friday we ran errands and stuff.
| See, lots of relaxing and hanging out :) |
Saturday morning there was a local 5k fun run to help a family in our ward, and I really wanted to participate. Thankfully my Mom was willing to watch the kids while I ran over and quickly busted out a 5k (I think I was the 2nd or 3rd female finisher). It was fun to be back running again, and definitely gave me the itch to do more races. Hopefully, my lame hip will cooperate :) The rest of the day was just running more errands and hanging out.
Sunday was Cam's glorious return home from work. He was tired, and we all took it pretty easy.
Monday my Mom flew back home. Before I dropped her at the airport, we stopped at my Grandparents for another visit.
It was SO, SO nice to have her visit. She was able to help me out, and the girls loved having someone around to show off to. I think my Mom also got a good idea of how crazy and non-stop our lives are right now. I hope we didn't overwhelm her too much, because I want her to come back soon!
1 comment:
What perfect timing for your mom to come and visit! Im glad you had a great time! That's awesome you went to the 5k wish I was there. Even though I would have been the 3rd to the last not first bahaha! :)
Post a Comment