Thursday, January 26, 2012

Nothing exciting going on, so just a random update of our lives

Well, the posts this month have been a little sparse, and it's basically because our lives have been pretty dull and boring.  Most days are just cleaning, errands, and more cleaning.  So unless anyone wants to hear about our latest trip to Walmart, or how I swept the kitchen floor for the millionth time, I basically haven't got a lot to talk about.  But I'll try to share what's new in each of our lives.

Colton:

He's just getting so big.  He is pretty much a pro now at sitting up with no support, which thankfully allows him to stay pretty entertained playing with any toy that's in his reach.  He is being a little stubborn when it comes to sleeping at night.  I know he could probably go all night without a feeding, but he is holding on to it and is so inconsistent with when and how often he wakes up at night.  I'm getting pretty anxious for him to sleep through the night, but not quite desperate enough to completely cut him off.  I do, however, know that he is nearing the end of the line with me getting up with him.  So, either he'll have to make the switch on his own (highly unlikely) or I'll have to give a little push (i.e. crying him self back to sleep).  He has six teeth, and I'm pretty sure another two are on their way.

Lexi:
Such a flattering picture

She is such a character.  That's absolutely the best description for her.  Every little thing she does is so darn cute.  She is such a talker, and repeats everything that her big sister does and says.  She is still taking her afternoon naps, but I'm noticing I've got to keep them short, and in the early afternoon otherwise she doesn't fall asleep till well after 8:00pm.  She still is unbelievably attached to her blankets.  I'm not quite sure when and if we will have to pull the plug on that, we'll just cross that bridge when it comes.

Abigail:

She's amazing.  I look at her and see a beautiful little girl.  It makes me sad/excited at how quickly she is growing up.  She loves to play with Colton and even likes to hold him and carry him (which gets me a little nervous every time I see her walking around with him).  She is learning so much at school and church.  She asks so many questions about the church, life, science, everything.  I always have to be on my toes ready to answer whatever random question comes out of her mouth.  She must have recently learned about choosing the right at church, because she seems genuinely concerned that she is not able to always choose the right.  Cam recently has shown her how to play a few basic games on the computer (not real sure how I feel about that).  We try to limit her "screen" time (TV, movies, computer, etc) otherwise I'm sure she'd gladly spend the entire day watching TV or playing games.

Cameron:
It's just more of the same for him.  Work, work, and then more work.  He is planning a trip with some guys at work to head down to Vegas for a few days in March.  I think he's excited for that.  As always, he's just amazing with the kids.  They miss him so much when he is away for several day's at a time, and literally count down the day's till he will be back home.  At night, after dinner, he plays a little game with the girls.  He calls it "Crazy Sheep".  It's basically he puts a little sheep hand puppet on and chases the girls.  They love it!  He's been pretty generous lately, and allows me to run out and do my errands while he stays at home with the kids.  I feel so blessed.  He really wants to take a trip, just me and him this year.  We haven't really gotten anything planned, but we are hoping we can iron out the details to make it happen.

Me:
Like I said before, it's been pretty dull and boring as of late.  Just taking care of these three kids and things around the house.  I am planning a little girls trip, which was sparked by Cam's announcement that he was taking a guys trip.  So my sister, my mom and I are planning on going on a short cruise in April.  I'm so excited!  I am back to running, but only a couple days a week.  However, if all goes according to plan (when does that ever happen) I hope to run a half marathon in March that's right here in my neck of the woods.  It starts in Saratoga Springs, does a little loop in Eagle Mountain, then ends back in Saratoga Springs.  Since it's so close, I just can't pass it up ;)  I have, in an effort to stay injury free, broadened my interests, and have added biking (well stationary biking), ellipticizing (that's totally a word), strength training, and SWIMMING.  I never in a million years would have thought that I would find myself in the pool, doing laps on a weekly basis, but I have actually fallen in love.  So now, more than ever, I've come to really enjoy working out.  It's become one of my favorite things to do.  I've found that it helps me have more patience with the kids, helps build my self esteem, and just makes me a more pleasant person to be around.  I keep toying with the idea of adding a little page to the blog to track my training and such.  I haven't made up my mind whether or not that will happen :)

So, that what we've been up to.  Nothing exciting, but we've been busy none the less.


1 comment:

Becky R. said...

Great post. I love seeing how people, like me, handle the doldrums of life. Thanks for your post on my blog, too, and I totally agree with you. I'm so excited for your half! I know you'll do great! I also love swimming laps, but don't get around to it much.