Sunday, October 2, 2011

A great weekend

Ever have one of the days, where your just uncharacteristically happy?  That was me this weekend.  I started off yesterday by doing double duty.  I headed out for my run, and took along Cam's IPhone, so I could listen to the morning session of general conference.  I took a new route, that took me up into the hills, on a fairly secluded dirt road.  It was so awesome to be out enjoying nature, and listening to our church leaders.  I think I had a smile on my face all seven miles. 
Sunday, it was just me, Lexi and Colton.  Abby spent the night at her cousin Pipers house, which allowed me to spend a little more time with Lexi.  I love Abby with all my heart, but she does have a tendency to hog the spot light here at home.  And since Colton still sleeps a good majority of the day, I got to play and goof around with Lexi a lot.  She is such a typical middle child, kind of going about her business when there is a lot going on here at home, but if given the oppertunity, loves some extra attention.

We had such a great weekend.  It really helped me to remember how blessed I am.  I have three beautiful kids, I live in a wonderful community, surrounded my nature, and the list goes on and on.  It was the perfect weekend, to hit the reset button, and erase all the silly stress that I tend to hold on to.

2 comments:

Cindy Ricks said...

That sounds like a great weekend! It is nice to spend some one on one time with the kids.
You run 7 miles! That is amazing! I need to start running-it is so hard I am so tired after work I guess thats what I have to do to lose this baby weight. Thanks for being such a great inspiration!

Michelle Davis said...

I have to agree with you. I think general confrence weekend was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time!