Friday, September 30, 2011

I'm gonna make him go to sleep, one way or another

A very slobbery baby Colton
Gradually, over the last month or so, Colton went from being a champion sleeper, to waking up 3 times a night.  After over a week of him waking up every couple of hours every night, I decided enough was enough.  It was time.  Time to "cry it out".  Both the girls were closer to 6 months old before I "forced" them to fall asleep on their own, but Colton just needed to figure it out, so we all could get a little bit better sleep.  He's done really good.  The first several nights he cried for about 45 minutes, but he's getting the hang of it, and last night, he only made a few peeps, before floating off into dream land.  He even has been going longer and longer stretches of sleep at night.  The other night, he slept from about 8pm to 5am.  Can't complain about that!  So even though I always dread this crying themselves to sleep stage, it is ALWAYS worth it in the long run.

Other Colton related news:
  • I switched him off the thickened formula.  It did, originally make a huge difference in the amount he would spit up.  But, we hated this formula.  Absolutely hated it.  It was impossible to get it to mix up, and the unmixed chunks of formula would constantly clog the bottle.  Every feeding was so long and frustrating.  So good-bye thick formula, and hello good ol' regular formula.  He's adjusted really well, and his extreme spitting seems to have subsided.
  • He seems to be attached to blankets, just like Lexi.  He also sucks on his fingers like Lexi.  Birds of a feather, flock together, I guess.
  • And, as the picture shows, he slobbers, a ton.  And I know its common at his age, but, man, he's salivating like it's his job or something :)

1 comment:

Cindy Ricks said...

He is so cute! Gotta love the drool! Orin drools ALL THE TIME!