Friday, September 23, 2011

Colorado, again

Cam had five days off of work, so we decided to head, once again, to Colorado to visit my family.

Our visit consisted of:
  • 2 days of driving (one day there, and one day to return)
  • 3 days of relaxing (sort of)
  • 1 trip to Denver to visit with friends I grew up with
  • Hours and hours of playing outside
  • 1 ouchie
  • 100 naps (might be a bit of an exageration)
  • 500 attempts to get Colton to nap (NOT an exageration!)
  • Very little sleep (for me and Cam, anyways)
  • 1 six mile run
  • 2 trips to the rec center
  • and 1 large case of peaches
I ALWAYS enjoy when we get to go and visit my family, but, Colton is such a home-body.  He just doesn't do well when we are away from home.  It felt like the whole time we were there one of us was holding Colton, trying to keep him happy.  His naps were short, and few and far between, he woke up SEVERAL times each night, and prefered being held to anything else.  Thankfully, he is not picky, and will let anybody hold him.  Hopefully, by next summer, traveling with the little hooligans will be SO much easier!

We drove over on Sunday, and thankfully, the drive wasn't that bad.

Monday, my sister had put together a playdate/lunch with a few girls I went to high school with.  It was so nice to get a chance to catch up, and chit-chat.  That afternoon, Cam headed to the local gym to get some weight lifting done, and then after dinner, it was my turn, and I took off for a run.

Tuesday, was mostly relaxing and running around town a little.  There was a farmers market that I wanted to hit.  I was mainly looking to load up on some of their local peaches that are just amazing.

Wednesday, Cam and I took Abby to see the Lion King in 3D.  And my mom was kind enough to watch the other two rugrats while we were gone. I also spent a good part of the day peeling, cutting and freezing the huge case of peaches I had purchased.  Cam also squeezed in another trip to the rec center.

Thursday, time to make the 8 hour drive back home.

I failed to get my camera out till Wednesday night.  And Abby was in the mood to pose for the camera, so I got a lot of weird/silly shots of her, and few of every body else.

My mom, brother Jeff, Abby and Lexi

Abby wanted me to take a picture of her cleaning up.  I think she just wanted everyone to think she was really good at cleaning :)

I bought this super cute hat for Lexi.  She wore it all around the store, and in the car home from the store, but wouldn't put it on after that.

Abby got that cut under her bottom lip playing with the swing out back.

Lexi, literally played with her baby the whole time we were there.

Pose

Pose

Pose

Colton, with some very tired, sad eyes

Cam and Abby
It was a good trip.  I think the girls both really enjoyed being there, and Colton was finally getting settled in about the time we had to leave.

It was good to see my Dad, who, thankfully, after a few weeks of being REALLY sick from the chemo, was feeling pretty good.

I can't wait to go back, but I think it will have to wait till next year.

2 comments:

Michelle Davis said...

I wish we could have spent more time with you while you were out! Hopefully me and Kenna can make a trip soon, again.

Cindy Ricks said...

A trip with a long drive is not easy with kids. I love the poses of Abby-so cute!! The hat for Lexi is so cute-good luck getting her to wear it. We went to Colorado this weekend too. It was a long drive.