Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Abby's 4th Birthday

Monday was Abby's birthday!  She has been anticipating this birthday for nearly 6 months, so once the big day finally arrived, she was absolutely bouncing off the walls.


The Big Bash:

We were so lucky that everyone in Cam's family, minus Ethan who is still on his mission, could make it.
Her princess castle cake I made

She made so many cute, shy faces while we were singing her "Happy Birthday" it was really cute.

Another shy, excited face while we were singing.

Her birthday theme was Princesses.
Bryce and Jasmin gave her a Rapunzal doll

Daddy helping her read her birthday cards

My mom sent some dress up clothes.  They were a big hit!


Lexi wearing a dress up tutu and leg warmers.  She just thought she was the cutest thing ever and had to make sure everyone saw her in her little tutu.


One of her most favorite presents was a package of play jewelry that contained a set of clip on earrings.  It was so amazing to her that she could wear the earrings even though her ears aren't pierced anymore (we took out the earrings a long time ago because they kept getting infected).  She has worn them pretty much since she opened the present.  She even wore them to her Dr's appointment.

It was such a fun party, I know she had a blast!

What's Abby up to?:
  • Abby is such a sweet little girl.  She has her moments of stubbornness and attitude, but overall, she is a little sweety.
  • She is doing dance again this year, and has been anxiously waiting for it to start up again this fall.
  • She is going to preschool this year!  She is SO excited.
  • She absolutely loves going to her Sunbeams class at church and is learning so much from her awesome teachers.
  • She has made some friends and loves having play dates.  She'd have a friend over all day, everyday if I'd let her :)  But since that's just not going to happen, she makes do playing with Lexi, Me or Cameron most of the time.
  • She loves playing outside, riding her bike, playing in the water, or just hanging out.
  • She is 34 lbs and 40 inches tall.  Which puts her almost right at the 50% mark for both height and weight.
  • She has a little heart murmur.  She's always had it, they even heard it while I was pregnant with her.  But the Dr says it's nothing to worry about.
  • She enjoys anything Princess, Barbie, Mermaid, Strawberry Shortcake, Carebears, Spiderman, or X-men.  Quite the wide variety :)
  • She has an awesome imagination.
  • She is a great big sister to Lexi and Colton.
Happy Birthday Abby!  I can't believe what a beautiful, bright little girl you have turned  into.  We are so lucky to have in our family.

3 comments:

Jolynne said...

Happy Birthday Abby! I LOVE HER CAKE! Your amazing!

Luke and Kellie said...

You did a great job on the cake, I am impressed! I'm glad she had a good birthday!
P.S.Gabrie loves X-men too, haha!

Cindy Ricks said...

Happy Birthday Abby! She is so cute! I love the cake! Leisa you are amazing! I am kind of worried about the birthday cakes...I don't have that kind of skill. You did a really good job on that cake. I am so impressed!