Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Saying Good-bye

Well, it's been a long time coming, something we've discussed numerous times, and today was the day. Our home is now minus one wild and crazy dog. Rory has a new home. She has driven us crazy almost since the day we got her. We gave it a good four years of trying lots of different things to see if we could make this relationship work. But we finally just came to the conclusion that she would be happier in another home. I've felt sorry for her, knowing we weren't able to give her the attention that she needed/wanted, and so hopefully another family will have plenty of time to give her.

It was sad to see her go. At least for me. Abby didn't even seem to care. I made Cam do the dirty work of actually driving her to her new home, I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it. It's funny, even though that dog drove me nuts, I was a pathetic mess when it came time to say goodbye. I'd like to blame it all the pregnancy hormones, but realistically, I'm horrible at good-byes. We're gonna miss that little beagle, but I think in the long run everyone, most of all Rory, will be happier.



4 comments:

Luke and Kellie said...

Sorry about your dog! ):
But I'm glad you found my blog so now I see yours!

Becky R. said...

That's tough Leisa! Sorry it was hard for you. But I'm sure life will seem a bit easier without Rory to take of--especially when the baby comes.

Marquardson Family said...

I have empathy for you! I got rid of our 2 dogs when kev got in his accident. It was either him or the dogs (tough choice) lol but sometimes they're just too much too handle. You'll be glad you did it when baby #3 comes!!

Toni said...

We got rid of Buddy, too. But, I was actually okay with it. I'm sorry you had a hard time!