Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday, Abby!

Abby turned three yesterday.  I can't believe I have a three year old?!  I swear, I just barely graduated from high school, but, nooooo, this year was my 10 year reunion.  I'm getting old.  The signs are all there:  I'm in bed by 10pm every night, those extra pounds are getting increasingly difficult to shed, and saving for the future is a topic that is always on my mind.  But the most obvious sign of my "old age" is the wrinkles around my eyes.  Oh. My.  Gosh.  This can't be happening already.



We celebrated with Cam's family yesterday.
Abby decided several months ago that she wanted a Toy Story party.  Her last two birthdays I've made her cake, but this year I wasn't feeling ambitious enough to tackle Toy Story.  So, Wal-Mart made her a very lovely, and expensive (who knew a Wal-mart cake could cost so much.  It's gonna be homemade cake from here on out) Toy Story cake.  She received some really cute clothes and Cam and I got her a dollhouse for her ever growing imagination.

I just love this little princess.  She is most definitely a challenge.  There were a few months about a year and half ago where I thought "This Mom thing isn't so bad.  I can do this, piece of cake."  Then she turned 2.  I'll be honest, it's been a rough year.  My mother-in-law said one time to me, that it was a good thing I got pregnant BEFORE she turned 2, or else we might have totally rethought having a second child.  But, regardless of the challenges, she is such a joy in our lives.  She makes me laugh every single day.  I catch myself just staring at her, amazed at what a sweet, beautiful, little girl she has turned into.  She has endless amounts of love for her little sister, and Lexi already looks up to her and tries to be just like Abby.
I just loved these series of shots I got of the girls playing together. 

I'm excited for what the next year will bring her.  I've already got her signed up for dance class, which she is SO excited for, and I know that she will just continue to blossom into a sweet little girl.

2 comments:

Madeline said...

Happy Birthday Miss Abby! And Yay for dance class!

jami said...

yay! happy birthday. She is so dang cute.