Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Utah Summer Games

We went down to Ceder City this last weekend for the Utah Summer Games.  Cam was competing in the Power Lifting Competition.  We headed down Friday morning and swung down to St George to visit my Grandma.  I feel so terrible, because she has never met either of the girls.  She lives relatively close, and we never get down there.  So it was SO nice to spend the afternoon there.  My Grandma has never had very many toys for kids, even when I was a kid and we would go to visit, there was a very small selection of toys.  But what she does have, is tons of buttons.  It's amazing how much fun a jar of buttons can be for kids.  So we busted those out for the girls to play with.
My aunt Pam came by with a couple of her grandkids that are both around Abby's age.
(Grandma, Abby and her friend, whose name I can't remember)

Saturday was the big day.  Cam's competition started early in the morning.  There were three different lifts, the squat, the bench press, and the dead lift.
 Here is Cam doing the squat,
the bench press,
and the dead lift.  I'm not sure how much he lifted on each individual one, but I know he lifted 1000 lbs total.  Wow!
Here are some pics of us hanging out during the competition.
Abby watched a movie on my IPod during a lot of the time.  All I have to say is "Thank heavens for technology!"
Cam got a silver medal!
Later that afternoon, we went to the carnival that was going on.  Abby loved it!
This was such a fun trip!  I'm so glad we were able to go!

Oh, and here is a pic of Lexi holding her own bottle.  It doesn't happen very often, but I keep encouraging her to, because, how awesome would that be if she could hold it!  It'd sure help me out sometimes.

3 comments:

Madeline said...

It seems like your day lacked the LONGitude of ours! Glad it was fun!

Jolynne said...

Way to go Cam! Thats impressive! Im glad you guys go to go on a getaway together!

Toni said...

So did you buy some movies to put on the ipod? Or did you figure out a way to put your own DVD's on there? I need to get a couple on mine for the plane ride to Colorado in August!