Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pony Express Days = FUN

This last week or so has been so much fun.  Eagle Mountain had there Pony Express Days going on and we tried to catch as many of the events as we could.  Last weekend I took the girls to the rodeo with my friend and her family.  It was a blast!  I've never been to a rodeo before, but I really enjoyed.  Abby liked it too, she kept saying she wanted to ride the horses.  I'm not sure she would have enjoyed the buckin' broncos that much but maybe we'll have to start training her to do mutton bustin' next year :) Yeah, right. 

(Lexi is there too, sleeping under the blanket.  I can't believe she missed all the fun!  Oh, well, next year :)  Thanks Jolynne for helping me with the girls!)

Today, we went to the parade in the morning.  That was so great.  Nice weather, and way too much candy!  Abby loved getting the candy and other goodies that people would throw to the crowd. 
 
Then in the afternoon, we went to the carnival.  And that was SO much fun too.  It was like excitement overload for Abby.  She wanted to ride on every ride, and had zero patience when we wanted to eat some food before we started riding the rides.  First she rode on the big slide with Cam.
Then I took her on the pirate ships.
(somehow I managed to squeeze into that midget ship)
"Look, no hands!"
 Then it was on to the boats.  We let her, actually we made her, do the rest of the rides by herself.
 And finally, she rode the cars.  The whole day was a blast.  It's time like these where I really LOVE living in Eagle Mountain.

P.S.  Remember a couple of weeks ago, I posted about skin cancer and sunscreen.  Yeah, Abby totally got burnt.  I put sunscreen on her like four times.  SPF 50 my butt. 

3 comments:

Madeline said...

We got fried too! It was such a fun week. But now what are we going to do to keep our kids entertained for the rest of the summer?

Becky R. said...

Your comment about the SPF 50 killed me. I was cracking up! Looks like it was great time--and I hope Abby feels better.

One Day at a Time said...

Remember we were there for Pony Express days last year... didnt seem quite as cool then... Oh well!