Friday, October 30, 2009

"The Kids in the Pool..."


For the last two weeks, every morning Abby and I have gone to the Lehi pool for swimming lessons. I put Abby in the Mom & Tot swim class in hopes that she would learn to get more comfortable in the pool. For several months, we have regularly gone swimming to the pool, but Abby didn't seem to be gaining a whole lot of confidence in the water. So, it seemed like the perfect time to put her in swim lessons. It didn't take very long, and she was jumping and splashing with confidence in the water. I was shocked at how quickly she learned everything. We worked on:
*floating on stomach/back
*kicking
*blowing bubbles
*going completely under water
*jumping into the water
*climbing out of the pool
*crawling along the wall
*and singing songs
It wasn't all fun though. After the first day, I realized that getting Abby OUT of the water was going to be the most difficult part. She has definitly perfected the art of throwing a tantrum, and EVERYONE at the pool witnessed them on several occassions. So embarrassing!

No comments: