Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Week With Michelle and Kenna

(Michelle, Abby and Kenna)


Last Tuesday, Michelle (my sister, and yes, we are twins) and Kenna flew in from Colorado to spend a week with us. Wednesday was our birthday, so it was nice to be able to celebrate that together. When Cam got off of work, he took us to dinner, and even surprised Michelle and I with flowers. So sweet! We ate dinner at The Pizza Factory, and I think when they saw us arrive with two toddlers they already knew we would be quite loud and rowdy. They put us in a room ALL by ourselves, which was fine, because Abby and Kenna were loud.

Thursday we went to the petting zoo at Thanksgiving Point (I remembered my camera this time).





It was fun and Kenna even attempted to ride the pony's, but she was a little nervous and cut the ride short. That night, Cameron had a softball game, so we went to that and met up with his family. It was nice. We all cheered real loud for the Orem Firefighters, but it must not have been enough, because they still lost. Oh well, everyone had fun anyways. Cam's parents even took Abby and Kenna to the park, which gave Michelle and I a nice break from chasing after those two.

Friday we ran some errands and just hung around. The girls enjoy playing together so much, so it makes it easy to stick around the house and just let them play.

Saturday we went to the Eagle Mountain Pony Express Days Parade.



It was a long wait until the parade actually started (about an hour late) but once it did, the girls enjoyed seeing the trucks, and horses and of course the candy.
Abby didn't like the loud noises of the sirens and stuff, so there were a few tears. But all in all it was enjoyable.

Sunday we went up to my Uncle Franks for a bbq and a chance for Michelle and Kenna to see the family. It was nice to see my grandparents and some cousins.

Monday Michelle and Kenna returned home. Abby asks where Kenna is almost as much as she does Daddy. So I guess that means they bonded quickly and became close friends. It was so nice to watch them play together. I love that Abby has a cousin so close to her age. It was cute, because Abby would copy whatever Kenna was doing.





If Kenna was running, Abby would run; if Kenna was jumping, Abby would jump. SO CUTE! I can't wait until we can have another get together to hang out some more!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

That is so funny you are a twin! I need some advice desperately, tell me they will like each other one day and want to hang out just like you and your sis! How fun, it was great meeting Michelle!

Spencer, Emily, Ashlee said...

Looks like you had a fun time! =)

Jolynne said...

Happy Birthday! You guys really seemed so much alike. Abby and Kenna are so cute! I'm glad you guys had a fun time!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! (To both of you!) I was checking my calendar that day and remembered it was your birthday(s) and was wondering what you did to celebrate. How fun that the two of you were able to be together. That is great that Kenna and Abby are so close in age and can have so much fun together. It makes getting together that much nicer, especially when you can sit around and talk that they happily entertain themselves. So fun to see all of those pictures!

-Christine

Toni said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! I wish I could've met up with you, but I was a little preoccupied.