Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The big "C"

Well, the big cancer has shown it's ugly head in our family.  Last Friday, my Mom called to tell us that my Dad had just gone it to have a colonoscopy done, and they found some cancer.  They still don't know much, and won't until they go in next Thursday for surgery.  Best case senario:  All he will need is the surgery, and after a few weeks of recovery, he will be back to normal.  Worst case senario:  Surgery, then some chemo.  We are just praying and hoping for the best.

5 comments:

Jolynne said...

Oh Leisa, I am so sorry! I will pray for the best for your Dad. I hope you guys are all doing well. I wish we lived down the street from each other especially at times like these!

Marquardson Family said...

Leisa!! I am sooooo sorry.. Your family will be in my prayers.
I am actually waiting for that call of my own... the big "C" runs like crazy for my family.

The girls need to play again, Rylie keeps asking about her "new friend Abby" lol. Hope all is well, lets get together soon!!! I wanna see that new baby!! :)

Christine said...

I'm so sorry - I hope the surgery goes well and I am hoping and praying for best case scenario. Your dad is awesome - and so are you.

Luke and Kellie said...

I'm so sorry, that is scary! My dad had it when I was in high school, no fun! We'll be praying for the best case senario (:

Becky R. said...

Oh, wow, Leisa. I'm so sorry. We will pray for the best scenario as well. I'm always here if you need to talk.