Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Panicking

The realization that in 8 short weeks, we will be welcoming this baby boy into our family is starting to send me into a panic.  Seriously.  I'm having a hard time sleeping.  I'll wake up in the middle of the night, and start thinking about how in the world am I going to survive those first several months.  I am more than ready to be done being pregnant, but not even close to prepared for a third baby in the house.

When it's just me and the girls going through our daily lives, slowly, I'm starting to see some situations that could become quite complicated once baby #3 comes. 
  • Lexi, although a great walker, still needs to be carried around a lot.  I'm starting to remember how much kids her age love to walk, but stink at just following along beside a person.  If given the chance, she is off exploring before I even realize that she's gone.  So, it's got me thinking, how will I carry her and an infant/car seat around?  I'm thinking that going out with the kids is going to an activity reserved for days that Cameron is home to do some of the heavy lifting.
  • Church.  Primarily Sacrament meeting.  Once the baby is old enough to go to church, Lexi will be old enough to go to nursery (I'm crossing my fingers that she will actually go, she is quite clingy to me, and very shy).  But on the weeks that Cameron is working, I'll be dragging three kids in and out of Sacrament every time one of them gets a little noisy.  Fun!
  • Rocking the baby to sleep.  For the first 6 months or so with both the girls, I would hold them, and rock them to sleep.  Unfortunately, some times, it would take 45 minutes or more to get them to sleep.  I highly doubt I'll have 45 minutes of peace and quiet, several times a day, to do that with baby #3.  I have a feeling, this little one is going to have to figure out how to fall asleep on his own, pretty much from day one.
  • I'm sure there are many more things that I have yet to realize.
The other day, I realized that I don't have anywhere to keep the baby's clothes.  He's going to be in our room for a while, so I won't have a closet to hang his clothes in.  Our closet is jam packed, and so are both the girls.  I guess a trip to Walmart is in order to get some plastic bins to store his clothes in.

I am feeling so unprepared, and yet, I have very little desire/energy to start the "nesting" that NEEDS to be done.  I've kind of got the lazy attitude of we'll cross each bridge as they come.

I was totally shocked when I saw this picture.  I could not BELIEVE how big my belly is sticking out.  And I'm only 31 weeks.  Oh. my. gosh.  No wonder my back hurts so much.
Just for fun, I wanted to compare pictures from when I was carrying Lexi.  This picture was taken when I was 34 weeks.  It's hard to tell, but think I may actually be bigger already than I was in this picture. 

Actually, I'm starting to think that it wasn't a fun idea to compare pictures.  My self-esteem just took a bit of a hit.

However, I am so beyond ready for this pregnancy to come to an end.  So many aches and pains, I've given up trying to pinpoint the exact location of each.  I can tell my body just wasn't ready to be pregnant so soon.  I know I've complained a lot about how difficult this pregnancy has been, but I am truly shocked at how much harder this one has been compared to the others.  I keep dreaming about how, in 8 weeks, once I've recovered from the C-section, all these aches and pain will miraculously be gone (along with 20 or so lbs that I've gained).

A couple weeks ago, I had to completely give up any form of exercise.  The time each day that I got to walk on the treadmill was how stayed sane/happy, so now I'm just a tired grump.  I'm still mourning that loss.

Ok, I'm done complaining.  For today, anyways.  I still have 8 more weeks, I'm sure I'll find much more to complain about.

6 comments:

Christine said...

First of all, you are all belly. Meaning, you are a thin person with a baby belly. (You are supposed to have a big belly when you are 31 weeks pregnant.) Maybe this baby will be bigger? My boy was 2 lbs heavier than my girl! Anyway, you really do look great. I'm sorry you can't exercise since that is your way to rejuvenate. Those last few weeks are always so hard!

Good luck with Sacrament meeting. Is there a sweet single lady or wife of the bishop or something in your ward that could sit with you?? I know you are still getting to know people, but that would be ideal! Maybe you could throw out some subtle hints....

I bet this boy will be a fabulous sleeper because he will have to be! You are such a good mom, your girls are just beautiful and this little boy is so lucky to be coming to your family. Hang in there!!!

Cindy Ricks said...

Your baby belly is so cute!! I love it! 8 weeks is plenty of time to get things ready for the baby. I understand feeling grouchy...I feel like all I do is complain about how my back aches or I am tired. Like you said only 8 weeks left :)

Your baby boy will be one that starts sleeping with lots going on around him so he can sleep through whatever noise his sisters make. Thats what happens when you have lots of brothers and sisters(I know coming from a family of 8 kids).

Your really do look adorable pregnant!

Madeline said...

You look so cute! You will learn that putting a baby in his crib and him going to sleep on his own is sooooo nice!

Troy and Rachelle said...

if you need any help,we would love to do anything we can. we can have Makayla sit with Abby & Lexi if you have to go out. She would Love to be able to sit with you & do whatever she can.
You are looking super cute! I always dread those last few weeks of pregnancy where you just don't sleep, and are never comfortable.
Don't worry you will do awesome!!

Carrie said...

I agree with all the previous posts. I never looked that good pregnant, even though I went through it 7 times. You appear to only gain weight for the baby and that is a great thing.

Also, don't worry about the little things. It will all come together and you will figure out your groove. It's amazing how Heavenly Father provides a way when we can't comprehend it.

Have you considered a double stroller? We have a graco duoglider that accommodates a graco carseat if you need one. Let me know.

The end is nigh and then comes the fun of snuggling. Will your mom be able to come back and help?

Toni said...

Leisa, you look great! And you can pull pregnancy off still looking great. I hope the little one comes sooner rather than later! I remember how bad those last couple months are. Good luck with everything!