Friday, February 4, 2011

An update

It seems like I haven't done many posts of what we've been doing lately, so I thought I'd through up a quick update of the whole family.

Me: 
  • I'm still pregnant.  These last weeks seem to have just been crawling by.  I had a Dr appt this week and kind of have the C-section date set for May 16. 
  • I got the go ahead to switch to a stronger heartburn medicine because the daily heartburn has been killing me, and nothing seems to fully take care of it.
  • I pretty much have no appetite any more.  I rarely get hungry because I feel like my stomach is so squished.  At the Dr's when they measured me, I measure just the right size.  I said "Are you sure?  I feel like this baby is HUGE!"  I can feel him from my ribs, down to my bladder and I know my stomach is all squished.  How can he be taking up so much room ALREADY?
  • The Dr also confirmed my suspicions that the tight knot/pinch that I've had in my lower back for the last couple months is indeed, the sciatic nerve being pinched.  I kept hoping that if I could find the right stretch or something, I could alleviate some of the pain, but I'm afraid the only time I'll be getting any relief is once the baby is born :( 
  • Working out, which if you know me, you know how important this is to me, has become quite difficult because of the sciatic nerve pain.  I always know when I've over done it, because my back just totally seizes up, and becomes so tight.  I try to get in as much as I can, but it's difficult to work up the desire when I know I'll be in pain the rest of the day because of it.
  • My favorite jeans are becoming difficult to button.  But so far, I've been to stubborn to admit that they don't fit anymore, so I still wear them, and just grimace every time I have to sit down.  My plan is to not put them in the dryer any more to see if that will give me another month or so of wearing them.  Pathetic, I know.  I should just put them away till after the baby is born, but that would be too easy.
Cam:
  • He's loving his new work schedule, and new station.  Most days he's so busy, he doesn't even get a chance to call home.  Or if he does, the phone call is almost always cut short because he has a call come in.
  • He's gearing up to be in another power lifting competition in April.    He's been trying to get in as many workouts as he can to get ready.  This one will be in Vegas, which means, road trip!
Abby:
  • Started going to primary this January, and is loving her Sunbeams class, and learning all sorts of new primary songs.  It's kind of fun, because Cam and I teach in junior primary also, so we get to watch all the fun she has during Sharing Time.
  • Dance is going good.  She's starting to learn a new dance for the recital that will be in May.  Unfortunately, it looks like the recital might be the same week as the baby is born.  But, we'll figure something out so she can still participate.
Lexi:
  • She got her first ear infection this week.  She's had a cold, plus her molars are coming in, and then she came down with a fever on Monday.  I took her in on Tuesday, and they said she has an ear infection.  Today, she broke out in a rash, which I think is a reaction to the amoxicillan, so I'll keep an eye on that.  Hopefully, she will start to feel 100% again.
  • She's really improving her walking.  She tries to walk whenever she can, but still has to improve her balance a little bit.
  • She's learned to say "uh-oh".  Which also means she thinks its fun to drop everything, just so she can say "uh-oh".
That's pretty much what the last couple weeks have consisted of for us Monahan's.  I wanted to try to keep track of my progress of my New Year's goals, so I'll put that on this post as well.
  • I've done really well at getting my fruits and veggies in everyday.  I still make a conscious effort to eat as many as possible.  I have, however, not really cut down on the soda, and I still have a hard time not devouring every piece of sugary goodness I see.  But I think I've cut out SOME sugar.  Baby steps.
  • Budgeting has improved a ton.  I've switched to a "cash/envelope" system, which has made everything seem so much easier.
  • I think I've managed to journal a little more, plus I have some ideas I want to try out. 
  • All in all, I think I've done pretty well!

1 comment:

Cindy Ricks said...

These weeks have been dragging for me too...So May 16th..that is exciting! I wish I knew when I was going to have my little guy. I understand the jeans thing-I have one pair that fits without hurting the belly.

Oh the house we are looking at is on Traverse Mountain above Cabelas.